revax

Reintroducing old gamemodes

Hey there! First of all, I'd like to say I'm finally back after being inactive for a couple of years, and it's nice to see everyone still hanging around. Really missed ya'll! :00009419:

Onto the point. I've been watching our servers' activity and it's needless to say they're pretty empty throughout the day (not including hardcore tdm). Of course, the game itself is very old and the player base isn't nearly as big as it was in its prime days, but that doesn't mean we can't get at least a few players to join our servers.

I believe that our mods aren't as attractive as they once were, and some of them are even unplayable without a larger amount of players (examples being CTF and Freeze tag). Because of that, I suggest we spice our servers up a bit by changing current gamemodes to new ones. For example, I'd love to see the Hide n Seek (HnS) mod back in action, the zom_db mod, or even the gun game mod. HnS mod currently isn't played on any of the active servers, and I believe there'd be some players interested in it. Gun game is very popular and I believe we'd succeed in running it, especially if we additionally edit it in 'IceOps style' (hardcore tdm is a good example).

I'm proposing to try and get our servers more active, and I believe this would be a good way to start since the current servers are just sitting empty. I already got the green light for this to happen, now I just need a good amount of players agreeing to this so we can actually implement this, so please leave a comment or like my post so I know you're standing by my suggestion! Thanks for reading through this.

TL;DR: Change the current empty servers' gamemodes to other ones such as Hide 'n' Seek, zom_db, gun game, etc. to try and get some players online.

I could certainly get behind this. Seems such a waste to just having so many servers sitting there idle, so anything to at least try and entice players back is worth a shot. 

As a side note, there used to be periodic messages on the Hardcore server promoting the other game modes on offer. I don't know if there were ever very effective or not, but at least if players know the other servers exist they might be more inclined to try them out. 

2 hours ago, Duck said:

I could certainly get behind this. Seems such a waste to just having so many servers sitting there idle, so anything to at least try and entice players back is worth a shot. 

As a side note, there used to be periodic messages on the Hardcore server promoting the other game modes on offer. I don't know if there were ever very effective or not, but at least if players know the other servers exist they might be more inclined to try them out. 

I suggest showing a list of our servers after each completed game.

6 hours ago, revax said:

Hey there! First of all, I'd like to say I'm finally back after being inactive for a couple of years, and it's nice to see everyone still hanging around. Really missed ya'll! 

Hey ;)

I have long wanted to suggest adding bots on freezing. At least 5 vs 5 !

Sometimes I even want to play on this server myself.

I've created a new Thread located Here that has a voting system put in place(I can add more choices in the future of other players that agree on different ones in a different Thread-- Which also has a link to be clicked for Users that chose 'Other' to suggest other mods.)

P.S; I will probably be posting a Poll in the 'Announcements' channel on Discord that way the Community may see the Poll and thus give more votes or other opinions.