Sign in to follow this  
Lookout

Obscurity Modifcation Ideas

Hey Guys,

How about some Ideas which could even bring more fun-game-experience of the mod Obscurity:

1) Obscurities-Invasion:

The last round of each game (round 15) it's going to be an Obscurity-Invasion! This means half of all players are marines and the other half are obs. Obs can be chosen randomly OR the players with the most points in that game stay marines.

2) Stance-modification: Leaper

How about changing this stance in some aspects:

Sound is included (no more ghost-like movements in the air) and therefore, each leap is always at FULL POWER.

(I'm kinda tired of players saying that this stance is noob-like cuz of the no-sound, but is the best stance to do epic-leap-kills)

3) Controll-Settings (multiplayer):

It would be very nice if the stances could be bound to player-chosen-keys. This would enhance a faster switch to the stances needed, for example tank when starting burning.

These are just some Ideas of mine to "update" the mode. I don't know if this is even possible, but if yes, and with a lot of positive feedback, this could truley be integrated.

Please don't get me wrong. The mode Obscurities is awesome and I enjoy plaing it. Thank you all for making it possible in the first place!!!! Great Respect for this.

Hope you have also some Ideas just to spinn around and brainstorm.

....and you better Lookout! ;)

Guest DeltaMX

Well sometimes change is good. I think if you can make a trial for the new modifications if players like it we keep it, if they hate it we change it back.

Guest arj

Binding stances is bad idea, now its balanced. If changed, there will be a lot of players using for eg ghost and in second of spotting changing to tank.

And instead of invasion, how about someting like in zombiemod? All as obscurity and one player with highest score as survivor with smg/lmg (spray powa)

There wasnt need for stances anyway, i liked obs better without the stances.

I know many people agree, but some can't even remember playing without stances.

Anyway Arj, that's too overpowered.

Even with higher damage, if you get 13 obs against 1 player, you would just get surrounded.

I think, that as a last player you should get extra points for killing an obs or w.e.

There wasnt need for stances anyway, i liked obs better without the stances.

I know many people agree, but some can't even remember playing without stances.

Anyway Arj, that's too overpowered.

Even with higher damage, if you get 13 obs against 1 player, you would just get surrounded.

I think, that as a last player you should get extra points for killing an obs or w.e.

Surrounded? Yes. But that can be solved by making all obs visible (tank-like), disabling all stances and leaps while the last guy is standing.

Guest arj

Kelm, once on ESW with Scarslash we made it obscurity tdm, 5 players against me with rpd :D its not so hard especially that everyone want to rush.

But for me all that 'last special round' ideas are not good.

And Down, before players didn't know all the rules of obscurity, and it was much easier to play even without stances.

But hey, how about trying new mod of mod on hitloc server? its abbandoned anyway :P

Kelm, once on ESW with Scarslash we made it obscurity tdm, 5 players against me with rpd :D its not so hard especially that everyone want to rush.

And Down, before players didn't know all the rules of obscurity, and it was much easier to play even without stances.

But hey, how about trying new mod of mod on hitloc server? its abbandoned anyway :P

Yep, before stances were here it was so much easier... Now a lot of people know almost everything about this mod :D

Yep, before stances were here it was so much easier... Now a lot of people know almost everything about this mod :D

Just because you know everything doesnt mean that this mod is easy, even the better players get killed often :P

A change would be fun, but needs to be thought through at first.

As for the last player vs 13 obs or so, it won't be a problem since most obs will kill each other in the process of trying to kill the player :D

Thx for all the reply guys, really appreciate it!

Another thought for changing the mod would be with the sqads. When a sqad member is possessed by the obscurity, the number above the heads should not go away and instead be remaining there.

In theory, if we would take this obscurity mode for real, if a sqad member would be possessed, the tag on the shoulder would still remain. Furthermore it would balance the game a little bit more since possessed marines do less damage than with stopping power.

My Best,

Lookout

And I want to add 1 thing:

The shootmode 'Stun' Is way overpowerd now. It slows u down and u can't move.. Disable one of those:

U can't move (well u can but hard)

or

The spinning

And I want to add 1 thing:

The shootmode 'Stun' Is way overpowerd now. It slows u down and u can't move.. Disable one of those:

U can't move (well u can but hard)

or

The spinning

many things are OP : RPG,leaper,fire,...

Guest Ares
Thx for all the reply guys, really appreciate it!

Another thought for changing the mod would be with the sqads. When a sqad member is possessed by the obscurity, the number above the heads should not go away and instead be remaining there.

In theory, if we would take this obscurity mode for real, if a sqad member would be possessed, the tag on the shoulder would still remain. Furthermore it would balance the game a little bit more since possessed marines do less damage than with stopping power.

My Best,

Lookout

I'll take a look, but I have a feeling that it won't be that easy...

I don't agree.. With some skills they aren't overpowerd.. But stun is as you can't do aynthing about it when ur hit
I don't agree.. With some skills they aren't overpowerd.. But stun is as you can't do aynthing about it when ur hit

There are some ways to counter stun:

1) Your positioning. If you stand in the right place, it will take obs too long to get to you

2) Holding granande or throwing it to the ground where obs is / lands

3) C4 Trap

or just keep moving so stun can't hit you ;)