Sign in to follow this  
allbrightwes

Beginner server help, Addons with cod4x

Hello all. I am new here and am running a COD4 server with the cod4x mod. I currently have a basic server set up with a simple map rotation on search and destroy but would like to add some things to the server. I have never done mods before and would like for my server to continue to be displayed in the non-modded server list on the cod4 client (as it currently is). My issues is with addons, and how to get them working properly. I have read a few things on this forum and others but I am still unsure how to get it all working. My main goal is to add a few things:

1) Server messages, such as something that would respond to "!rules" and greet players

2) Perk and weapon restrictions (No last stand, martyrdom, grenade launcher...)

3) Final game and round winning killcams

I have read things such as editing the localized_english_iw07.iwd file and adding the addons through there, or creating a plugins folder, but all don't seem to work when I attempt to use the loadplugin command from console or add it to the server.cfg. I have also read that manuadminmod would do a lot of this for me, but when I attempted to load that I failed :/. Is there any trick to get it or other addons working with cod4x on windows? Is there an addon guide for cod4x that I missed? I am new to this so I may need follow up when guiding me. Thank you all for your creation of this mod and support!

First of all as you want to show your server on the non-modded category of cod4 master server you have to add a command to your server.cfg file which is: set sv_authorizemode 0 and set sv_showasranked 1

Next you want to add server messages like !rules or greet player on player connect. For this you can use the cod4x default admin system which can be activated by command: set g_disabledefcmdprefix 0

Then you want to restrict the perks and weapons. For this you have to run a custom or already made mods like modwarfare etc. with your server. For custom mod according to your requirement will need to make a custom script file and run it by keeping it on the mods folder. In this way the script wouldn't need to be downloaded by other players too.

Number 3, you want to add final game and round winning killcams. Actually you mean to say you want to add finalkillcam script to the server. For this you have to add the final kill cam custom script to your mods folder for it to execute. If you want I can provide you the normal final killcam script.

The thing you tried is to loadplugin in your server.cfg which would not be possible. The loadplugin command is used for the plugins made using cod4x plugin handler and written in simple C or C++ But the cod4 scripting is base on gsc coding and that cannot be done with the cod4x plugin handler easily. Better you do it with the modding facility of COD4MW. Don't mess up your cod4 installation directory with plugins or other folders or by editing any localized iwd file of the main folder. Your goal can be reached easily using the following methods I stated above.

Thanks...

Regards,

Farukh Khan

UnderGround !nfinity

After your post on Reddit, I looked it up and at least found a way to enable perk restrictions (without any modification at all!). I knew it was possible, just forgot the dvars ;)

So the following dvar's make you able to control what players can use and what they can't:

// limits the number of players that can choose each class type
//******************************************************************************
set class_assault_limit 99
set class_specops_limit 99
set class_heavygunner_limit 99
set class_demolitions_limit 99
set class_sniper_limit 99

//******************************************************************************
// perks
set perk_allow_specialty_parabolic 1
set perk_allow_specialty_gpsjammer 1
set perk_allow_specialty_holdbreath 1
set perk_allow_specialty_quieter 1
set perk_allow_specialty_longersprint 1
set perk_allow_specialty_detectexplosive 1
set perk_allow_specialty_explosivedamage 1
set perk_allow_specialty_pistoldeath 1
set perk_allow_specialty_grenadepulldeath 1
set perk_allow_specialty_bulletdamage 1
set perk_allow_specialty_bulletpenetration 1
set perk_allow_specialty_bulletaccuracy 1
set perk_allow_specialty_rof 1
set perk_allow_specialty_fastreload 1
set perk_allow_specialty_extraammo 1
set perk_allow_specialty_armorvest 1
set perk_allow_specialty_fraggrenade 1
set perk_allow_specialty_specialgrenade 1
set perk_allow_c4_mp 1
set perk_allow_claymore_mp 1
set perk_allow_rpg_mp 1

// assault class default loadout
set class_assault_primary m16
set class_assault_primary_attachment gl
set class_assault_secondary beretta
set class_assault_secondary_attachment none
set class_assault_perk1 specialty_null
set class_assault_perk2 specialty_bulletdamage
set class_assault_perk3 specialty_longersprint
set class_assault_grenade concussion_grenade
set class_assault_camo camo_none
set class_assault_frags 1
set class_assault_special 1

// specops class default loadout
set class_specops_primary mp5
set class_specops_primary_attachment none
set class_specops_secondary usp
set class_specops_secondary_attachment silencer
set class_specops_perk1 c4_mp
set class_specops_perk2 specialty_explosivedamage
set class_specops_perk3 specialty_bulletaccuracy
set class_specops_grenade flash_grenade
set class_specops_camo camo_none
set class_specops_frags 1
set class_specops_special 1

// heavygunner class default loadout
set class_heavygunner_primary saw
set class_heavygunner_primary_attachment none
set class_heavygunner_secondary usp
set class_heavygunner_secondary_attachment none
set class_heavygunner_perk1 specialty_specialgrenade
set class_heavygunner_perk2 specialty_armorvest
set class_heavygunner_perk3 specialty_bulletpenetration
set class_heavygunner_grenade concussion_grenade
set class_heavygunner_camo camo_none
set class_heavygunner_frags 1
set class_heavygunner_special 1

// demolitions class default loadout
set class_demolitions_primary winchester1200
set class_demolitions_primary_attachment none
set class_demolitions_secondary beretta
set class_demolitions_secondary_attachment none
set class_demolitions_perk1 rpg_mp
set class_demolitions_perk2 specialty_explosivedamage
set class_demolitions_perk3 specialty_longersprint
set class_demolitions_grenade smoke_grenade
set class_demolitions_camo camo_none
set class_demolitions_frags 1
set class_demolitions_special 1

// sniper class default loadout
set class_sniper_primary m40a3
set class_sniper_primary_attachment none
set class_sniper_secondary beretta
set class_sniper_secondary_attachment silencer
set class_sniper_perk1 specialty_specialgrenade
set class_sniper_perk2 specialty_bulletdamage
set class_sniper_perk3 specialty_bulletpenetration
set class_sniper_grenade flash_grenade
set class_sniper_camo camo_none
set class_sniper_frags 1
set class_sniper_special 1

set class_assault_movespeed 0.95
set class_specops_movespeed 1.00
set class_heavygunner_movespeed 0.875
set class_demolitions_movespeed 1.00
set class_sniper_movespeed 1.00

set scr_enable_nightvision 1
set scr_enable_music 1
set scr_enable_hiticon 1

About the final killcam. Search for a final killcam mod on Google (I use Final killcam 2.3, since 2.4 is a bit buggy), and download it. Open the .rar using an archiver like 7-zip or Winrar, and extract the .iwd file you find in there.

Then open that .iwd file with an archiver, and extract the "maps" folder. Now create the localized_english_iw07.iwd like I told you on Reddit, and put the maps folder you just extracted in it.

Now upload localized_english_iw07.iwd and run the server. As you will see, the server now has final killcam (without players needing to download anything!).

Both of these things don't need any dvar like sv_authorizemode 0 and sv_showasranked 1, although I would advise you to use sv_authorizemode 0 since it enables cracked clients to join (which a lot of people use, but don't worry about security, Cod4X uses it's own authentication system).