Sign in to follow this  
freaker

How to edit the mod.ff file and recompile it of promodlive?

Hello,

I have searched throughout the web and got a decompiler of .ff files and use it in promodlive 218's mod.ff and it worked well and de-compiles the mod and I was able to edit the sources. But isn't there any tool to edit the sources and recompile the mod.ff file without any error?? I searched the web a lot but couldn't fine any....Can someone please give me a tool which can edit any mod.ff file along with the promodlive mod.ff file and recompile it with the edits I will make....

Thanks in advance....

you do not have to recompile the modfiles

you can just put the extracted folders in your mod folder.

this way you can modify the scripts serverside without people having to redownload your mod again.

ps: you can NOT do anything related to the csv files like new sounds/models/rankingtables etc etc

if you just put the scripts in the modfolder like a folder called scripts/ ( just as you decompiled it ) //( just example name )

the players wont download the files and the mod will still use it.

as far as im aware it is impossible to recompile the .ff file

If you want to share the modified scripts by clients, then put all gsc files with correct path to the IWD file and they will download and use it. Recomplie mod.ff as Wingzor said, it is not possible yet! :D

Thats it!

Regards

rocco