Sign in to follow this  
dameh

question about compiling the windows binary

alright, so I have the source code and have the GCC and NASM compilers as well.

when I use the build_win32.cmd file, I get this error

compilerror.png

I am wondering mostly about the *.o and *.c part. Do these wildcards not work on the Windows compiler?

If they dont, would I have to manually type all the .c and .o files names into the .cmd file to get it to compile correctly?

alright, so I have the source code and have the GCC and NASM compilers as well.

when I use the build_win32.cmd file, I get this error

compilerror.png

I am wondering mostly about the *.o and *.c part. Do these wildcards not work on the Windows compiler?

If they dont, would I have to manually type all the .c and .o files names into the .cmd file to get it to compile correctly?

Well for me the script works just fine. Is the file structure the same as on github?

yeah I didnt move any files or anything, just extracted the zip file to a folder and tried to compile it. could it be that it is trying to make a 32-bit binary and im running a 64 bit compiler/OS?

Guest DeltaMX

you don't have pexports. Get them from mingw.

(had same problem credit to ninja)

Not sure if there will be something else.

you don't have pexports. Get them from mingw.

(had same problem credit to ninja)

Not sure if there will be something else.

It would still compile and link without pexports.

What is your GCC version? (gcc -v into cmd.exe)

here you are:

GCCTest:

---GCC---

Using built-in specs.

COLLECT_GCC=gcc

COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/tdm-gcc-64/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe

Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32

Configured with: ../../../src/gcc-4.8.1/configure --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-targets=all --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-libgomp --enable-lto --enable-graphite --enable-cxx-flags=-DWINPTHREAD_STATIC --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-threads=posix --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-threads --enable-libstdcxx-time --with-gnu-ld --disable-werror --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry --prefix=/mingw64tdm --with-local-prefix=/mingw64tdm --with-pkgversion=tdm64-2 --with-bugurl=http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/bugs

Thread model: posix

gcc version 4.8.1 (tdm64-2)

---NASM---

---PATH---

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\jZip;C:\TDM-GCC-64\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live

here you are:

GCCTest:

---GCC---

Using built-in specs.

COLLECT_GCC=gcc

COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=c:/tdm-gcc-64/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.8.1/lto-wrapper.exe

Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32

Configured with: ../../../src/gcc-4.8.1/configure --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-targets=all --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-libgomp --enable-lto --enable-graphite --enable-cxx-flags=-DWINPTHREAD_STATIC --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-threads=posix --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-threads --enable-libstdcxx-time --with-gnu-ld --disable-werror --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry --prefix=/mingw64tdm --with-local-prefix=/mingw64tdm --with-pkgversion=tdm64-2 --with-bugurl=http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/bugs

Thread model: posix

gcc version 4.8.1 (tdm64-2)

---NASM---

---PATH---

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\jZip;C:\TDM-GCC-64\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live

Ah, we didn't test for compiler suites other than mingw32 for windows, yours is TDM-GCC. Please try compiling with mingw32.