Sign in to follow this  
HydroxZ

1.7a cod4 problem

it seems that no current anti cheat can detect the newest 1.7a patch and the anti cheats behave like the server doesn't exist, can this please be looked into and possibly fixed? as there is many cheaters in cod4, having as many anti cheats as possible is required to try keep it fair.

okay, when i have the 1.7a patch installed, no third party anti cheat (such as pbbans and ggc stream) do not detect my server as "online" or "functional" when i run standard 1.7 linux bins the anti cheats behave normally and find the server online and working, only when i place 1.7a back, do they stop working, so theres something within the latest change to the 1.7a file that is causing the problem, i believe there was a thread a few days ago saying that they couldnt get pbbans to work on the server after the new 1.7a patch.

Sorry to bring back an old thread.

Would it be possible to get PB UCON working again for CoD4X?

Some servers still have a need for bans to be streamed to a global ban list. Also we used PB UCON for other tasks like scanning for basic script binds.

Would be greatful if it was fixed.

Well these global banlists as you call them I think your are talking about PBBans or GGC-Stream.

The streaming services which still exists aren't trustworthy and reliable for CoD4. Other services have still closed.

You remember on GameViolations ?

They closed because it wasn't possible to keep a reliable banlist for CoD4 anymore.

It is the following:

#1 You can send in PBSS edited with Paint and the reported checksum. (I did see it with my own eyes) - affects all PunkBuster games.

#2 You can connect to almost any CoD4 server with the GUID you wish to have.

PBBans is aware of this issue as we know. We can see it on few facts how PBBans behaves. They limit the amount of bans per IP-Address to 3.

They don't add guids of their staff members when they got caught cheating. PBBans just ignores these violations.

So you see that this banlist contains a lot bans of players who have not cheated ?

To fix your problem just give us your GUID and you will no longer need the global banlist. ^^

So we don't care.

yup, I can confirm what Ninja said.

let's say I am a PBBans admin and I get caught cheating with violation aimbot or md5tool.

PBBans will just ignore the ban and not add it to the banlist...

This means that PBBans admins can cheat freely without the risk of a global ban.