Sign in to follow this  
TacTicToe

CoD4 1.7a server issues

I am running the latest 3009 version. For some reason my server no longer runs. It goers thru the startup process normally, but then starts spamming the console in an endless loop. I have restarted several times and even rebooted my server box, but it still does it.

See attached image for the error.

Any ideas? Before this, server ran perfectly.

Hello there,

You are using a too advanced build I think. Use a build which comes normally with the auto update feature of the cod4x17a_dedrun.....By the way I never had this problem with this build....can you please post your commands which you use to start the server??

Server auto updates each time I restart the server. Nothing has changed with the setup or command line or anything like that. The last time I restarted it, it updated to the 3009 version and started scrolling that message. I reboooted the server box to see if that corrected it, it did not. For some reason there seems to be an issue with the default port. When it runs on 28960 it goes nuts. I change it to 28961 and it runs fine. I have verified that nothing is using that port, so the port does not appear to be locked or in use. I do have several IP's associated with my box, but again, nothing changed till the 3009 update.

lgsl_image.php?s=1

Server is online as long as I do not use the default port.

I've installed the last build(3021) on my server yesterday and I've got similar problem.

My server console spams "Warning: NET_Sleep: select() syscall failed: Interrupted system call", which causes server overload and eventually shutdown.

I can't even restart the server then via control panel after that. My server is hosted by Luxhosting.

If there's a solution for this I'd be happy to hear it. If there's no such solution, then I'd request the last build where this error doesn't occur.

Best regards,

Tommy

This error occurs on all builds. So well as I usually say this type is usually an external signal which is sent to the server. The server self doesn't generate such unhandled and repeated signals as far as I know.

Actually this problem is always on Luxhosting but I don't know why it is so.

Well before I've sent the newest build to Luxhosting Support to install the new file, they had some build from February and there was no problem with this. But I wanted to run newer build because of some bug fixes that were made since then.

Best regards,

Tommy

Okay thanks, can you make a notice here when you fix that issue?

By the way the stable build(without this issue) I'm using right now is: CoD4 X 1.7a linux-i386-custom_debug Feb 2 2014

Best regards,

Tommy

Don't think it is a coincidence. With this February build server runs for weeks, but with newer builds I get that console errors and it crashes after 2 days max.

Best regards,

Tommy