Sign in to follow this  
JaJe

Problem, server with IceOps cannot connect?

Hello again guys,

After many days of working on some .gsc script, I finally end my job, and thank you for you help also.

Today I decided to give my .iwd file with the iceops executable and my settings of the game to a friend to host.

After starting the server, only he can connect to the server (local) but nobody else can, I don't understand why. It's already set dedicated +2, port 28960 is already open, If I use the same settings/files I've worked to my computer, players can connect to my server. But to console I see often this message, maybe someone can explain me the cause? Thank you in advance.

Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr

​-----------------------------------
g_antilag is read only.
-----------------------------------
Resolving cod4master.activision.com (IPv4)
cod4master.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.21:20810
Resolving cod4master.activision.com (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod4master.activision.com: No such host is known.
cod4master.activision.com has no IPv6 address.
Sending heartbeat to cod4master.activision.com
Resolving cod4authorize.activision.com (IPv4)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod4authorize.activision.com: No such host is known.
cod4authorize.activision.com has no IPv4 address.
Resolving cod4authorize.activision.com (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod4authorize.activision.com: No such host is known.
cod4authorize.activision.com has no IPv6 address.
Couldn't resolve address: cod4authorize.activision.com
Resolving cod4update.activision.com (IPv4)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod4update.activision.com: No such host is known.
cod4update.activision.com has no IPv4 address.
Resolving cod4update.activision.com (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod4update.activision.com: No such host is known.
cod4update.activision.com has no IPv6 address.
Couldn't resolve address: cod4update.activision.com
Resolving master.gamespy.com:28960 (IPv4)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving master.gamespy.com: No such host is known.
master.gamespy.com:28960 has no IPv4 address.
Resolving master.gamespy.com:28960 (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving master.gamespy.com: No such host is known.
master.gamespy.com:28960 has no IPv6 address.
Couldn't resolve address: master.gamespy.com:28960
Resolving master0.gamespy.com (IPv4)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving master0.gamespy.com: No such host is known.
master0.gamespy.com has no IPv4 address.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving master0.gamespy.com: No such host is known.
master0.gamespy.com has no IPv6 address.
Couldn't resolve address: master0.gamespy.com
Resolving cod.iw4play.de (IPv4)
cod.iw4play.de resolved to 85.214.206.167:20810
Resolving cod.iw4play.de (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod.iw4play.de: No such host is known.
cod.iw4play.de has no IPv6 address.
Sending heartbeat to cod.iw4play.de
Resolving cod4master.activision.com (IPv4)
cod4master.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.21:20810
Resolving cod4master.activision.com (IPv6)
Error: Sys_StringToSockaddr: Error resolving cod4master.activision.com: No such host is known.
cod4master.activision.com has no IPv6 address.
Sending heartbeat to cod4master.activision.com
Resolving cod4master.iceops.in (IPv4)
cod4master.iceops.in resolved to 178.32.139.220:20810
Resolving cod4master.iceops.in (IPv6)
cod4master.iceops.in resolved to []:20810
Sending heartbeat to cod4master.iceops.in
Hitch warning: 3031 msec frame time

The point is, when I used to host to my computer the server I was under a router and it worked,

On my friend, he have a direct connection, no router. I tried also to connect with his firewall off..still nothing..

Well I can't tell you anything here. Have you tried to host a 1.7 or older CoD4 server? With firewalls it won't works obviously as well unless you have whitelisted the network ports CoD4 uses for non established connections.

Well in my case when portforwarding i have to constantly update the ports that i open because if you hit ipconfig in the cmd and my last digit of the ipv4 address changes from time to time so i would go into it and re add the port just incase.

Your IP Changes because you have a Dynamic IP (DHCP), just set up manually an IP address and would be fine. In my case I still have no clue..

Even with firewall off still nothing, weird. If someone have a clue, please tell me.

or try adding these.

make sure you dont have anything to do with gamespy in you cfg

set sv_master1 "cod2master.activision.com" 
set sv_master2 "cod2authorize.activision.com"
set sv_master3 "cod2master.infinityward.com"
​set sv_master3 "cod2update.activision.com"

Well you have to try to find your problem at your NAT/Modem or ISP.

It is very unlikely an issue with your PC when it works on LAN.

In most cases it would be the port forwarding that is the problem just double check the ports.

Finally I found the solution!! It wasn't NAT problem, but the q3config_server.cfg file. I was inspired to take a look on that file and to find something to edit:

seta n​et_ip "localhost"

I changed "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" (not worked)

I changed "localhost" with "external IP" (works only Internet, but strange, not works anymore LAN)

So the final solution was changing "localhost" with "0.0.0.0" and works both LAN & Internet!

Also I had to set that file Read-only because it changes back to "localhost" after restart.

Finally I found the solution!! It wasn't NAT problem, but the q3config_server.cfg file. I was inspired to take a look on that file and to find something to edit:

seta n​et_ip "localhost"

I changed "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" (not worked)

I changed "localhost" with "external IP" (works only Internet, but strange, not works anymore LAN)

So the final solution was changing "localhost" with "0.0.0.0" and works both LAN & Internet!

Also I had to set that file Read-only because it changes back to "localhost" after restart.

Wouldn't removing it completely work as well because in the server.cfg i would just remove that part.