Sign in to follow this  
TheKelm

New Server - ARMA 2: DayZ

HIVE is optional on a vanilla mod but im not sure if you need a different version of the mod or what. I hosted a DayZ vanilla once but it was done all for me all i had to is choose my options. One of the options was HIVE. SA will never be as good as epoch and the devs have said that you could be wating until summer next year for cars and they wont be implementing helicopters. Honestly SA was a big disappointment as are many alpha games nowadays. They promised optimization so people can get over 30 fps without having a over kill machine which they still haven't done. So epoch and such will all eventually die but i think right now Epoch is much more fun.

P.S If i can help in any way with the problems just ask.

HIVE is optional on a vanilla mod but im not sure if you need a different version of the mod or what. I hosted a DayZ vanilla once but it was done all for me all i had to is choose my options. One of the options was HIVE. SA will never be as good as epoch and the devs have said that you could be wating until summer next year for cars and they wont be implementing helicopters. Honestly SA was a big disappointment as are many alpha games nowadays. They promised optimization so people can get over 30 fps without having a over kill machine which they still haven't done. So epoch and such will all eventually die but i think right now Epoch is much more fun.

Vehicles will be implented for the end of the year lol, there's already a preview

https://twitter.com/PeterNespesny/status/529207110798946305

Vehicles will be implented for the end of the year lol, there's already a preview

https://twitter.com/PeterNespesny/status/529207110798946305

I still think epoch would be a lot better as it had way more features and heck if you want a ton of new guns just use overpoch instead.

Base building and the fact that you can raid each other is much more fun than RDM which is what SA currently is.

Why no the stand alone version?

Equivalent of asking 'Why a CoD server and not a Battlefield one?'.

I have no idea what that means.

They are 2 different games :P

I had no idea. Honestly, I only played the stand alone lol :)

Stand alone is a game specifically made for Dayz but the mod of course is made off a war game. You would the the stand alone version would be better as its more specific to the purpose but as its a alpha game or beta I cant remember, A lot of the features are not actually in the game and most importantly they have not made the mod tools for the stand alone. Epoch adds more vehicles, currency, base building for clan and other stuff that i cant name but there is A lot of changes between them.

Guest Ares
Finally a translator that can take my terrible sentences and fix them <3

I thought you were from the UK?