Sign in to follow this  
Guest arj

PLX HELP or something like that.

Guest arj

Hello.

I have some weird problem with my iwmp, and hope someone will know how to resolve it. Thing is, that after about half an hour my game freezes. It stop at one frame, and sound is like wurblwurlbwurlbwurple. Internet is silent, noone in the world want to help me, so You are my last hope. Neither drivers nor directX is a problem, tried update both. If anyone have some idea I would be grateful and love him till the end of my life (or for as long as he wants)

PS. hope that Ares won't find something bad in that post, I'm afraid of his grammar nazi mode :S

PSS. lmgtfy.com etc. - I know that google is powerfull, but looked for whole day and found nothing.

PSSS. If i couldn't resolve that I would never again tkill Minq as survivor, game without that is incomplete :(

And it is not caused of overheating graphic nor processor: any other games are working great - it's just problem with cod4.

Guest DeltaMX

I think I remember that it happened me once but not sure. Try to think if the problem happened after you installed something new or scan for a virus. Other than that I don't know, unless if you want to reinstall your game.

Hello.

I have some weird problem with my iwmp, and hope someone will know how to resolve it. Thing is, that after about half an hour my game freezes. It stop at one frame, and sound is like wurblwurlbwurlbwurple. Internet is silent, noone in the world want to help me, so You are my last hope. Neither drivers nor directX is a problem, tried update both. If anyone have some idea I would be grateful and love him till the end of my life (or for as long as he wants)

PS. hope that Ares won't find something bad in that post, I'm afraid of his grammar nazi mode :S

PSS. lmgtfy.com etc. - I know that google is powerfull, but looked for whole day and found nothing.

PSSS. If i couldn't resolve that I would never again tkill Minq as survivor, game without that is incomplete :(

And it is not caused of overheating graphic nor processor: any other games are working great - it's just problem with cod4.

Download CPU-Z, install and run. Make it log the temperatures and save them to a logfile. Then play a game. After it freezes, check the temperature of both CPU and GPU from the log.

Guest Ares

Hello.

I'm too lazy to go all grammar nazi on you so you're safe...for now. *evil laugh*

Guest arj

Yep, it's from Activision.

Problem probably solved: my gpu after half an hour of playing cod is almost burning. Thing is that only while playing cod it is overheating, while playing other games it is not occuring.

Anyway, will try to resolve that(cooling) later, in may I have final high school exam, so I need to stop playing cod and study even more. :D

Thanks guys for advice and help.

Yep, it's from Activision.

Problem probably solved: my gpu after half an hour of playing cod is almost burning. Thing is that only while playing cod it is overheating, while playing other games it is not occuring.

Anyway, will try to resolve that(cooling) later, in may I have final high school exam, so I need to stop playing cod and study even more. :D

Thanks guys for advice and help.

Out of pure curiosity, what was it's temperature?

Guest arj

Above 100 Celsius degrees.

SpeedFan helped me alot, found that fan was working with 50% of its speed, changing to 90% decrease temp to 65°, I will also change my thermal grease, it will probably help. My graphic card is not young one, so that paste may be worn out.

Guest DeltaMX

Try to clean the cooling fans from dust if there is any. As when my laptop fan was a desert it made my laptop heat like a furnace after cleaning the fans I got better cooling and better performance.

Above 100 Celsius degrees.

SpeedFan helped me alot, found that fan was working with 50% of its speed, changing to 90% decrease temp to 65°, I will also change my thermal grease, it will probably help. My graphic card is not young one, so that paste may be worn out.

Above 100 is a bit too warm indeed :D

Guest arj

Well, I'm surprised that it hadn't burn yet. I should also say some joke about frying egg on it, but not today.

And weird is that while playing other games nothing is happening (after one hour of playing temp is about 50°. Only COD is causing that overheat.

So, my computer is probably giving me signs that I should study :D

Do you get a blue screen after that sound?,ultimately you have video card Issues.

Nope, no blue screen is occuring. It just freeze and I'm pushing reset button in panic after that :D

Well, I'm surprised that it hadn't burn yet. I should also say some joke about frying egg on it, but not today.

And weird is that while playing other games nothing is happening (after one hour of playing temp is about 50°. Only COD is causing that overheat.

Do you get a blue screen after that sound?,ultimately you have video card Issues.

Nope, no blue screen is occuring. It just freeze and I'm pushing reset button in panic after that :D

Check your memory... Run memtest86 overnight and see if it comes up with errors. If its not the RAM, I'd bet on either issues with your PSU or a driver bug in windows.

I've seen similar lock-ups in the past and its inevitably (1) RAM (2) power supply or (3) buggy drivers. These crashes are *really* tricky to track down unless you start swapping components out of your rig.

Run memtest first, if that doesn't come up with anything strange, see if you can find updated drivers for your board. The 'weird sound' thing during the crash makes me think that the OS is crashing *in* the sound driver, so focus on finding an updated driver for that.

Btw, the easy solution is that you simple have a shity computer. Probly u dont have a decent graphiccard or even a decent motherboard to run such games. Adding ram to crappy motherboards wont solve the problem.

My advice is that u should run cod4 in the most lower possible settings.

Another aspect that u need to consider isnt only the game itself but the programs running in the background that are consumming the CPU avaiable ram.

If you have windows vista unninstall it and try xp/7, since they are lighter and posess less bugs. Dont even bother trying windows 8 cuz its probly the most crapier OS to play these sort of games till date.

I would recomend the use of Ccleaner+defraggler+everest cpu monitor for cpu analysis and the use of razer game booster before playing.

If u insist to subject ur pc to such higher temperatures ull get eventually ur graphic and board card fried.

Post ur PC specs!

Check your memory... Run memtest86 overnight and see if it comes up with errors. If its not the RAM, I'd bet on either issues with your PSU or a driver bug in windows.

I've seen similar lock-ups in the past and its inevitably (1) RAM (2) power supply or (3) buggy drivers. These crashes are *really* tricky to track down unless you start swapping components out of your rig.

Run memtest first, if that doesn't come up with anything strange, see if you can find updated drivers for your board. The 'weird sound' thing during the crash makes me think that the OS is crashing *in* the sound driver, so focus on finding an updated driver for that.

Btw, the easy solution is that you simple have a shity computer. Probly u dont have a decent graphiccard or even a decent motherboard to run such games. Adding ram to crappy motherboards wont solve the problem.

Another aspect that u need to consider isnt only the game itself but the programs running in the background that are consumming the CPU avaiable ram.

If you have windows vista unninstall it and try xp/7, since they are lighter and posess less bugs. Dont even bother trying windows 8 cuz its probly the most crapier OS to play these sort of games till date.

I would recomend the use of Ccleaner+defraggler+everest cpu monitor for cpu analysis and the use of razer game booster before playing.

If u insist to subject ur pc to such higher temperatures ull get eventually ur graphic and board card fried.

Post ur PC specs!

If his GPU's temp was over 100, there is no need for checking the CPU / RAM, OS. First thing to do is to make the GPU temperature smaller, each time GPU goes to something that high it can lower it's lifetime. Solving this will probably solve the problem btw :D

Guest DeltaMX

Mibru is writing long posts so ares won't check them. :D

Edit: this might be silly but why don't we make a forum for people that have errors rather than everyone posting there problems in different forums.

Post ur PC specs!

If his GPU's temp was over 100, there is no need for checking the CPU / RAM, OS. First thing to do is to make the GPU temperature smaller, each time GPU goes to something that high it can lower it's lifetime. Solving this will probably solve the problem btw :D

Ur right, but the higher temp will not make the game crash or produces any weird sound. Instead the pc will only just shut down for precaution measures. If the problem was just with GPU he can clean the graphic+pc fans and see if its graphic has any thermal paste left.

I still assume that he possesses a pretty old or crappy graphic board.

I had this kinda of problems with one my old laptops, and the only thing i needed to do was just to update the graphic drivers and play the game on lower settings. Some games have conflicts with specific graphic cards, mainly nvidia, wich are the most common ones.

He should post his PC specifications in order for a more precise help.

Still i dont wanna enlarge this discussion too much and maybe delta is right, it should exist a section for this kinda of stuff.

Peace

Guest arj

SOLVED.

Reason is so stupid I feel ashamed to tell it :blush:

So:

Had to reinstall windows, so have one "fresh". And forgot to install service pack for W7 :S Also needed to plug in microphone to play, or game crashed at begining, and probably audio driver was the reason of freezings.

But thanks to it I found that my gpu was overheating, changed thermal compound, boosted my fan with SpeedFan and now its temperature is normal (45-55°).

Played today for about one and half an hour and nothing bad happend.

Thanks to all You guys for help, I appreciate it. :) :heart:

On my system videocard temperature is on 85-90 degree Celsius.

My CPU reachs 100 degree and getting clocked down when this happens.

But this values are under full stress.

And CPU under full stress for several minutes almost never happens - unless I use special CPU-Stressing software.

And my system work quite stable - no crashes because of HW-Fails.

Mostly cause you are between North and Baltic sea. What is your average temperature there? I bet it doesn't pass 20°C. Mine is minimum 32°C (on summer). Year average is 22°C