Sign in to follow this  
Reneb

Download Loop

Hi

I'm currently running a Deathrun Server with the 1.7a patch

but since then i'm getting random download loops for .iwd files

for example: mp_deathrun_dragonball (all my maps it seems)

I know it's totally random because when i restart the server and put mp_deathrun_dragonball

i won't get any download loops

but after couple maps (1 map or 10maps ... no real pattern) the download loops come back for everybody, no one can join the server until i restart the server (or i've made a script that detects those loops and force the server to jump to next map, fixing temporarily the download loop)

Any way, i really don't understand those download loops as i have everything well set and most of the time everything works. (but most of the time ...)

Any body having the same problem? any fix? or tweak to do to fix definitively that?

Hi

I'm currently running a Deathrun Server with the 1.7a patch

but since then i'm getting random download loops for .iwd files

for example: mp_deathrun_dragonball (all my maps it seems)

I know it's totally random because when i restart the server and put mp_deathrun_dragonball

i won't get any download loops

but after couple maps (1 map or 10maps ... no real pattern) the download loops come back for everybody, no one can join the server until i restart the server (or i've made a script that detects those loops and force the server to jump to next map, fixing temporarily the download loop)

Any way, i really don't understand those download loops as i have everything well set and most of the time everything works. (but most of the time ...)

Any body having the same problem? any fix? or tweak to do to fix definitively that?

In most cases such a loop is caused by the map / mod files being different in the server directory and the www-download directory. Make sure that is not the case...

Do you use mp_deathrun_ruin2, mp_deathrun_cherry, mp_deathrun_death, mp_deathrun_minecraft or mp_deathrun_moustache in your server?

mp_deathrun_cherry

i use yes, but it works normally usually

mainly it's mp_deathrun_skypillar, dragon ball, supermario, sm_world ...

that bugs ... but it's an impression, all maps go to download loops when they want to --'

and all the maps i've stated works most of the time too

In most cases such a loop is caused by the map / mod files being different in the server directory and the www-download directory. Make sure that is not the case...

they are copied files from each other, so they are 100% the same.

The original post was on braxi.org site, solution by me.

Loading Loop Error:

First of all we talked about this problem many times before, but noone knows the fix for that.

Here is some maps which have error:

- mp_deathrun_cherry

- mp_deathrun_death

- mp_deathrun_factory (You can not install/move the new weapons, because you have to remove colt45_mp, dragunov_mp and remington700_mp files. The reason is the mod and other maps already use these weapon filenames.)

- mp_deathrun_minecraft

- mp_deathrun_moustache

- mp_deathrun_ruin2

- mp_dr_emerald

- mp_dr_heat

- mp_dr_detanied

Error description:

When you put these maps to the map rotation and server loads for example mp_deathrun_factory, when it's end, the server can not load next map, because enforces downloading to the next map, then server & clients are crashing...

The fix:

The main problem is the new weapons in the map iwd file. If you move all of to the mod iwd file, then it works fine and no more loading loop error.

I fixed and tested all maps on club27 Death Run Server. IP: 95.140.34.152:30001 or club27.hu:30001

These maps were not used nowhere, because made problems to the Admins, but now it's possible to use to everyone!

Cheers! :P

OMG i think you've just saved my life!!!

So i put mp_deathrun_cherry, then launched the next map and BIM download loop!!

i placed the weapons.iwd (and cherry_weapons.iwd) in the mod folder, then did the same thing as above and BIM NO download loop!!!

i was concentrated on the current map that keep having the download loop that i didn't see that the problem was probably always coming from the previous map: cherry!!!

Thank you m8 !! thank you a lot!!!

i'll post another topic here in a day or two to tell you if it is totally fixed or not :)

Hi

hey,did you know one know to fix deathrun server?

:huh:

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This thread is almost 3 months old. Please don't write in such old threads unless you have some important news that shed new light on the discussion.

Also, if you have your own question, please make a new thread. Just make sure you write it in an understandable way - I have no idea what you are asking about.

Anyway, thread closed.