Sign in to follow this  
y2kishara

Call of Duty 4 server hosting in VPS

Hello guys. I bought an Ubuntu VPS yesterday. but im not

familiar with handling a VPS. I want to run call of duty4 1.7 cracked

servers on VPS. please help me to do this from the beginning step by

step. Thank you people. If this is a repost plz give me the link im new to this forum.

Happy new year. waiting for your reply.

Well you shouldn't have got an Ubuntu VPS if you aren't familiar with Ubuntu in first place. (There are also Windows VPS)

There are plenty Gameserver-Service-Providers out there. Suitable for these people who don't know what they are doing.

I doubt anybody will tell you here how to use an Linux operating system.

So try to find these information at other places.

why you want to upload the promod to the root folder??? You need to upload promod to the mods folder of your game. You can host multiple servers using the linux server run command screen. This way if you run multiple server, all the servers will use only one copy of cod4 installation. But this would be not a good way. The good way to make multiple copies of the cod4 installation and run multiple servers with screen. If your having trouble uploading the files to your server then you can use WinSCP software for simple sftp upload.

I installed cod4 to my VPS from this http://limit.1337-server.net/cod4/cod4_1.7_full_linux.tar.bz2

and downloaded this file 0day.icculus.org/cod/cod4-linux-server-06282008.tar.bz2 and extracted to the folder. but when i try to give them permissions to run with Chmod 777 command it says,

root@test:~# chmod -R 777 cod4_lnxded main pb mods

chmod: cannot access `cod4_lnxded': No such file or directory

chmod: cannot access `main': No such file or directory

chmod: cannot access `pb': No such file or directory

chmod: cannot access `mods': No such file or directory

whats wrong with this? I didnt created a new directory. I just installed to the root. plz help me guys. atleast cant install pb with ./pbsetup.run -e command. same error.

oh I got the problem. in my root there is a folder cod4 and its the game files. another folder its the linux server files. I think i should put that linux server files in to the cod4 game folder? I tried it with WINScp but can't do because it has file names iwth same. what should i do? any command?

I'm not sure you should continue trying to fix this. You are clearly not familiar with Linux at all.

First try learning Linux in general, maybe install a distribution in a virtual machine on your desktop or try a basic webserver or something.

Learn the basics, learn the most important commands and Linux ways of doing things before you continue, because at this rate you will not finish it at all.

First problem, you are running everything as root (seeing you have cod4 in your root directory). This is a bad, insecure practice, please make a normal user and run anything as that.

Second problem, you have a cod4 game folder, and in that another folder called cod4-linux-server. You just need the cod4 game folder in which you also have the cod4_lnxded executable (you can remove the .exe's and .dll's since this is Linux). Then run the cod4_lnxded executable with the proper switches.

Third problem, although this has nothing to do with the server but more with your personal computer safety, you are using Windows XP. Please upgrade now or switch to Linux! Windows XP is not supported anymore by Microsoft and you are prone to virusses, you probably have a ton of them already

finally it worked without mods :D but the thing is, I uploaded a pml220 mod from my pc to mods folder and did chmod 777 to it. but server is not woking when i started with mod. do I want to edit the server.cfg's seta sv_wwwBaseURL " " to download the mod or something?

guys plz help me :(( First time server worked perfectly. but now its now working. when i execute the server running command its just starting. It shows in Xfire and can connect to rcon tool too. but cant connect to the game its just awaiting connection. what should I do plz help me guys.

First of all have patience. Not everybody is online 24/7 so you'll have to wait till somebody has time to post again.

Secondly, your problem seems to switch every post you make.

Be clear about what your problem is, and try to explain it as good as you can.

Anyways awaiting connection means it can't connect to the server. You probably have a closed port or something, check your server's firewall (although I don't think you have set that up) and make sure the host is open.

ok here is my problem clearly. I started the server for the 1st time without mods. then it worked without any prob. then I tried uploading pml220 to mods file and started the server with adding the command screen -S cod4-1 ./cod4_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip (my ip) +set net_port 28960 +set fs_game mods/pml220 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +set sv_pure 1 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

server started but cant connect to the server awaiting connection. but server is shown in Xfire and i can access the rcon and do anything. then again I tried without mods and same thing happens. Xfire and rcon working but cant connect - awaiting connection occurs.

So plz help me out of this. Im waiting. thank you guys :)

after half an hour will it work without crack cod4_lnxded? I downloaded cod4-linux-server files form iceops website. Shall I just delte my cod4_lnxded file and copy your new file? beacuse cant copy and replace with WinSCP.

For running the mod with your game server add this command to your server starting command line. +set fs_game mods/pml220

And if it keep awaiting connection. Then you could try putting this command in your server.cfg : sv_authorizemode 0