Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

V.I.P

I was wondering, had you ever thought of a vip service?

You could make it any amount you want a month or a lot for a year, my ideas were:

Obscurity: 3 extra lives, perks not available to regulars and maybe brick_blaster_mp.

Deathrun: 3 extra lives, brick_blaster_mp, double xp with kills.

High xp: Default weapon, ability to call votes or change maps.

Promod: Always Sniper available, double tap, sleight of hand

Those are my ideas, of course you could do as you wanted.

And why would we do that? Giving unfair advantage to some players?

It could be but then its a good way to get money to keep the servers running and add new features,

better way to do that would be a in-site donate button.

This kind of thing also happend at the Afterlife servers (for those who don't know it, its a type of zombie mod server)

Donators at that server had unlimited claymores, Rpg's or c4. The result was total chaos, making the mod 10 times less fun and in the end at least 60% of the players left the server. If u ask me this is a very, very bad idea to do...

This kind of thing also happend at the Afterlife servers (for those who don't know it, its a type of zombie mod server)

Donators at that server had unlimited claymores, Rpg's or c4. The result was total chaos, making the mod 10 times less fun and in the end at least 60% of the players left the server. If u ask me this is a very, very bad idea to do...

+10 to umad :) it would just be stupid to let the V.i.P get unlimited ammo -.- it would have been something if it was a zombie survival server where you got a endless zombie horde trying to rape you then and only then would unlimited ammo on the weapons be good

I was in those 60%...

Speaking as a player I don't think it would be fun nor fair to others. People join to have fun and if such feature is added, it ruins the whole game.

And just to comment on a point you mentioned: no perks on obs for regular players, you're kidding right?

I was in those 60%...

yep me2, before that crap i loved that server

I believe VIP shouldn't exist. It would be hell of a unfair advantage to the rest of the people. Also, if a VIP section gets added, most likely things will get leaked if what not...

Nah it has also other issues when we do this. If we earn money with whatever method IceOps will be seen as a company in legal views and not a private non-profit organization. If you earn money any legal penalties will be a lot higher. Just a simple advertising banner will change this status already. It also requires stuff like to have a good visible legal notice on our site. It is required in German law.

Nah it has also other issues when we do this. If we earn money with whatever method IceOps will be seen as a company in legal views and not a private non-profit organization. If you earn money any legal penalties will be a lot higher. Just a simple advertising banner will change this status already. It also requires stuff like to have a good visible legal notice on our site. It is required in German law.

Nice explanation. I think this put an end to the discussion:exclamation: