Sign in to follow this  
nonodavid

About my perm ban.

[align=justify]On the 17th and 18th January 2015 I was offline due to being out of town and I tried to join the IceOps Obscurity server on 18th Jan 5 PM CET. Sadly, I found out that I had been banned for wallhacking, even though I have never used wallhack in my life, I have never needed to. I pleed unguilty, but my key Code is not original, so someone must have used that Key Code to play and in the end to get banned. So , I ask for further instructions on what to do. I also ask you to tell me whether I should banhop in order to play, or are you going to unban my old Key Code.

Thank you.[/align]

You should fill the ban appeal form so that we can work on it. At the moment we don't even know your ingame name...

So please fill this form if you want us to look into it:

1. Your nickname

2. Server you got banned on

3. Your GUID (will show up when you try joining the server)

4. Admin UID (will show up when you try joining the server)

5. Ban reason (bans for cheating will NOT get lifted)

6. Short information about what happened (what you did and what you did not, remember all of this can be verified in the server logs)

1. -My nickname is Noon.

2. -I am banned on IceOps Obscurity server.

3. -My guid is: 87592fbe.

4. -It does not show, I tried IceOps Obs. Server ban list and it seems that I can’t find myself and the UID of the admin.

5. -While I was offline, I was banned for wallhack. I did not use the wallhack.

6. -All of this happened while I was out of town, therefore I was unable to access the game. After my arrival at home, I found out that I had been banned for wallhacking, and as I have previously mentioned, I have never used wallhack. The only reasonable explanation that makes sense to me is that someone else was using this Key Code to join the Obscurity server and he got banned on this Key Code. I must mention that this key code is not an original one, so I only see the previously added possibility to explain the event that lead to my ban. I will repeat again that I did not and have not used wallhack ever and I appeal for this ban to be removed.

Hey Noon,

I can't find your banreport nor the ban in the first place in our global-ban-list.

Could you post a ss of what it says when you try to join Obscurity? Normally a message appears showing the admin guid who banned you (or your guid).

In case of another one using/used your key and got banned due to hacks, then that key will stay banned. (And it wouldn't be banhopping for you if you would join with a different key)

I would probably wait a little bit more for some clearity on this matter.

Thank you Looky, and ofcourse I will show you what it says when I try to enter:

- You have been permanently banned from this server.

You will never be allowed to join this gameserver again.

Your GUID is: 87592fbe.

Reason for this ban:

Wallhack.

And also, if changing my GUID doesn't count as banhopping in this case, I will continue to play Obscurity under another GUID.

Thank you for clearing that out for me.

Well saviour he is a very old player and actually plays well. Never broke any rules.

No admin has yet claimed responsibility for the ban of his name or GUID. I'm pretty sure he is banned because of GUID matching with someone else banned in the past since he does not use a real CD-Key. GUID matching has happened many times in the past, people have appealed and got unbanned.

Till any admin comes up to claim responsibility (with or without proof), we cannot ban him.

Well saviour he is a very old player and actually plays well. Never broke any rules.

No admin has yet claimed responsibility for the ban of his name or GUID. I'm pretty sure he is banned because of GUID matching with someone else banned in the past since he does not use a real CD-Key. GUID matching has happened many times in the past, people have appealed and got unbanned.

Till any admin comes up to claim responsibility (with or without proof), we cannot ban him.

Why can't we? I am not arguing just to argue - I ask because I don't always report my bans the minute, or even the day I make them. What if someone banned him, and hasn't been on the website all day? - I know it's frustrating for him, but he isn't the only one who would've had to wait for a decision on his appeal.

My point is that maybe your judgement is clouded because you know him :)

Fair enough savior, but that guid doesn't show up in the banlist.

And I think we do process things faster with older, loyal players like Noon, since he is very active on Obscurity.

Didn't see hacks on him either in the past year.

Nevertheless, we didn't tell him he was unbanned. We just cleared up the fact that the guid (cracked) is banned and will probably stay banned. And if that ban is not adressed to him, then it would not be banhopping for him.

Also, every admin who plays on Obscuritymod knows Noon. If somebody banned him the admin would know he should post it on forums at once. Unless the player was using another nickname ofcourse. xD Since he has been unbanned can't check the nickname of the banned player anymore. Or wasn't his GUID shown anywhere?

Also I know Noon would not hack which is not a good argument, but just saying.

And this is why we have the ban reports to make sure this doesn't happen and every ban is logged with GUID.

If we could figure out the GUID you can cross reference his ip with the one banned (If it's not dynamic).

But in my opinion he does seem innocent.

Recommendation is that you buy the game (It's really cheap) and don't join servers you don't trust because they will grab you're GUID.