Sign in to follow this  
Fisher

Getting better FPS (Config)

This is a small tutorial on how to get better Frames Per Second in-game on Call of duty 4.

First of you need to find a config which suits your needs (FPS needs/Visual needs). You can use Google to find one: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=FPS+config+cod4

I'm going to use Yitch1.cfg as an example for this tutorial but any should work fine.(Be aware that this could potentially effect you computer/Cod4 in a bad way so take care when doing this)

After you have downloaded the cfg file you need to find you're Call of Duty 4 directory which can vary depending on where you decided to install it. (Example of steam default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call Of Duty 4)

You now need to get to you're profile which can be found inside players then profiles (Some who use CodX may not see the profile and will have to create a new one)

Backup

Copy that folder to a trusted location like your desktop (Some mods dislike you moving the files at all and may de-rank you)

Go into the profile you want to modify the file config_mp.cfg. This is what loads prior to loading the profile. If you have saved binds/Cvars copy them into the cfg you downloaded (Try to check if there are duplicate binds are used).

Rename the config to config_mp.cfg and place it in the profile folder.

Boot Cod4 can it should make the changes.

Please comment if i failed to mention something or you are having problems.

(I had many people asking me about fps so i thought it would be easier to redirect them to this location)

USE AT OWN RISK

Guest Bart
meh manage to get 333 fps on ultra XD

but can you manage to smoothly switch from 125 to 333 then 250 and 333 again, everything in a middle of a jump and turn 360 degrees to bounce and finish it with no scope? If not, then your config is not good enough and skill is low.

but can you manage to smoothly switch from 125 to 333 then 250 and 333 again, everything in a middle of a jump and turn 360 degrees to bounce and finish it with no scope? If not, then your config is not good enough and skill is low.

Why noscope at the end XD i dont ever play snper exept in hardcore but that havnt go bounes in it. And yes it is really smooth.

Get rekt son.