Sign in to follow this  
Duck

I honestly don't get it

I'm trying to find my Call of Duty 4 folder where all mods/maps and so on are stored. But I just can't.

I tried every different way shown to me before but it just leads me to dead ends. I'm sorry, but I'm just not savvy enough when it comes to traversing through my documents.

And so I come to you with my problem of not being able to find the folder containing everything to do with mods and maps in the hope that you may know of any way to find the folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (And I really hope I'm not just missing something blatantly obvious)

Start -> Computer -> C drive -> programfiles or program files(x86) -> Activion -> Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare -> for mods find mods folder for maps find usermaps folder.

Duck....How can you not know how to get to it

Start -> Computer -> C drive -> programfiles or program files(x86) -> Activion -> Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare -> for mods find mods folder for maps find usermaps folder.

Duck....How can you not know how to get to it

Staab, I'm not that stupid... when I do your suggestion the only mod there is ModWarfare. The folder is somewhere on my hardrive... I've been to it before but when I have tried to return to it its been a dead end... Ares and Frosty both gave me a way that worked before, but now it doesn't for some reason. And trust me, I tried to find it multiple times before posting this thread.

I'm trying to find my Call of Duty 4 folder where all mods/maps and so on are stored. But I just can't.

I tried every different way shown to me before but it just leads me to dead ends. I'm sorry, but I'm just not savvy enough when it comes to traversing through my documents.

And so I come to you with my problem of not being able to find the folder containing everything to do with mods and maps in the hope that you may know of any way to find the folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (And I really hope I'm not just missing something blatantly obvious)

Right click on the CoD4 shortcut -> properties. The directory should be there for you.

Well for me i have 2 cod 4 installed one in a folder on my desktop (cracked trololol). And one on my c drive for mapping tools and crap but i use the cracked one coz of my ranks even though i keep getting reset trololol

In my case, all of the mods and maps are stored in users and app data and so on.

I have to write in search %appdata% to be apple to reach the damn file.

That is why I had a problem with demos before :).

I know its weird why i have to copys

It is not weird, it just doesn't matter how many copies you have. As Ninja said, the CD-Key is stored in the windows registry so it's the very same one for each and every installed cod4 copy.