Sign in to follow this  
Alpha1

Cod4x Question

hi guys

i want to ask if there is way to take screen shot through cod4x as the commmand $record .that command make the server record for the player then i can find it on server files .is there way to make the server also take screen shots for the players and i can find them too on the server files?

thank you

I'm not sure why you'd want to, you can just launch your game through Steam and use F12 to take a screenshot :)

GUYS i know i can make that through f11 and f12 and prtsc but i meant something different i meant make the server take screen shot for the player so i can know if he use wall hack or no because demos not showing anything

What I do is I click 'PrntScr' - probably beetween your delete and insert buttons and then open up paint and paste the screenshot.

I was under the impression that Print Screen didn't work if you launched a game in fullscreen mode - only windowed?

Anyway, Steam screenshots save a JPG files to a folder anyway, meaning you don't have to paste into paint and save the image manually - much faster ;)

Guest arj - Bane of The Anons

He doesn't want to take a ss on his own pc, he could do this with /screenshotJPEG; he wants to store ss on the server or take them from players perspective, they way $record demos are stored.

What I do is I click 'PrntScr' - probably beetween your delete and insert buttons and then open up paint and paste the screenshot.

I was under the impression that Print Screen didn't work if you launched a game in fullscreen mode - only windowed?

Anyway, Steam screenshots save a JPG files to a folder anyway, meaning you don't have to paste into paint and save the image manually - much faster ;)

joe i will not take the screen shots for myself i will take it for another players who i think he is hacking and only way to know if he is using wh is take screenshot from his screen

GUYS i know i can make that through f11 and f12 and prtsc but i meant something different i meant make the server take screen shot for the player so i can know if he use wall hack or no because demos not showing anything

Well if a demo isn't showing anything, a screenshot definitely wouldn't. I highly doubt that's possible too, as the server wouldn't know when to take the screenshot.

A demo captures everything the player does so that you can go through it after and find the proof.

Well if a demo isn't showing anything, a screenshot definitely wouldn't. I highly doubt that's possible too, as the server wouldn't know when to take the screenshot.

A demo captures everything the player does so that you can go through it after and find the proof.

no mate i tried to take screen shots on myself and i showed everything so i need way to make the server take them as demos that will be great and you will see the player who cheat easily

He doesn't want to take a ss on his own pc, he could do this with /screenshotJPEG; he wants to store ss on the server or take them from players perspective, they way $record demos are stored.

I don't see how this is any different? He could spectate the player and take a screenshot. The only difference would be the storage location.

joe i will not take the screen shots for myself i will take it for another players who i think he is hacking and only way to know if he is using wh is take screenshot from his screen

As I said in my last post, spectate the suspected hacker and take screenshots when appropriate.

I don't know why you'd want to use still images as proof over video footage though - I would think that a demo is pretty solid evidence of a player cheating.

Guest arj - Bane of The Anons

I don't see how this is any different? He could spectate the player and take a screenshot. The only difference would be the storage location.

He asks for something working way PBSS did. Is there no difference between you taking ss of YOUR screen when spectating me and a ss of MY OWN screen?

there is a different

if i take screenshot when i am spectating you it will not show anything simple screenshot

and when you take it for yourself and you are using wh it will see everything you see

i want the server can take it .it will show if you are using wh or not as when you take it for yourself

server can take demos until now and i hope there is way to take screen shots

There is no one would take a ss for his screen when he is hacking lol

And if so the server will take a ss for the player it will not show any kind of hacks, just a normal ss because only pbss can do that and you know it's down..

there is a different

if i take screenshot when i am spectating you it will not show anything simple screenshot

and when you take it for yourself and you are using wh it will see everything you see

i want the server can take it .it will show if you are using wh or not as when you take it for yourself

server can take demos until now and i hope there is way to take screen shots

Oh right, I understand now sorry. I was replying at 2am before xD

This would be helpful, but I'm not sure if it's possible I'm afraid. If a video demo recording another player's screen doesn't show anything, I don't see a screenshot system of the same format helping either. I'd ask @Ninja or @NNJ.

I know what you mean now though, you want to get a screenshot of the hacker's actual screen, to get blatant evidence of his offence.

If it's definitely not already a thing, you could post it in the suggestions/improvements section :)

take them from players perspective, they way $record demos are stored.

He asks for something working way PBSS did. Is there no difference between you taking ss of YOUR screen when spectating me and a ss of MY OWN screen?

I was quite exhausted and misread all of this. I thought he just meant taking a screenshot of the hacker from the hacker's in-game perspective. I apologise :P

take them from players perspective, they way $record demos are stored.

I was quite exhausted and misread all of this. O thought he just meant taking a screenshot of the hacker from the hacker's in-game perspective. I apologise :P

no problem mate

lets hope there is way to make the server take it that can stop wrong wh bans and we will have prof

The server can't access the players screen. It can only ask the client to do one if there is such an interface on the client. Well there is no such interface at all atm.

Also the idea is to let them not cheat at all instead to have facilities to discover if they cheat.

The server can't access the players screen. It can only ask the client to do one if there is such an interface on the client. Well there is no such interface at all atm.

Also the idea is to let them not cheat at all instead to have facilities to discover if they cheat.

@Ninja so there is no way through cod4x to make the server take screenshots .so sad

server can take demos but screenshots will show everything

thank you

Demo files contain only controldata the server emitted. This controldata is used to render the gameworld. Demos are no videos captured from screen. Demos need still assets, maps... for playback.

i know and what about the screenshots cant we take them also through cod4x ?