Sign in to follow this  
Anonymoose

Chance to win a cookie !!!

After talking with some people i I think i will go for this one http://www.mediamarkt.nl/mcs/product/_TOSHIBA-Satellite-L70-B-150,10259,512030,2110531.html?langId=-11

CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ (2.6GHz, 3.6GHz Turbo speed, 4 cores)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M265X (2GB DDR5)

HDD: 1TB

RAM: 8GB DDR3L

It wasn't in store today, so I will try to get it in another one in the city.

If you think that first one, or some other is better, please say.

After talking with some people i I think i will go for this one http://www.mediamarkt.nl/mcs/product/_TOSHIBA-Satellite-L70-B-150,10259,512030,2110531.html?langId=-11

I really think that the Acer one is far better for you. Provides best gaming performance + more than enough for coding

I really think that the Acer one is far better for you. Provides best gaming performance + more than enough for coding

The problem with Acer is processor. 2.9GHz(3.5GHz turbo speed), 2 cores.

I think there is another one in game haha

http://www.adm.hr/product_info.php?cPath=254_199&products_id=16212

ASUS G771JM-T4039D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.5GHz, 3.5GHz turbo speed, 4 cores)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M (GDDR5 4 GB)

RAM:8GB DDR3

HDD:1TB

It costs only 1033euro, has both GPU and CPU.

ASUS are really nice. I just got one and everything responds almost instantaneously.

Yeah, my motherboard and GPU are ASUS products, and I've never had any issues with them :)

I think there is another one in game haha

adm.hr/product_info.php?cPath=254_199&products_id=16212

ASUS G771JM-T4039D

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.5GHz, 3.5GHz turbo speed, 4 cores)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M (GDDR5 4 GB)

RAM:8GB DDR3

HDD:1TB

It costs only 1033euro, has both GPU and CPU.

Take this one, easy ;)

Programming ? Compiling software? The computers from 25 years ago where able to do it as well.

Well care for gaming performance if that is your real demand. Everything will your laptop do good enough. If you don't want to game so much use it as an opportunity to save money.

Can anyone confirm that new games make really full use of 4 CPUs? (Still believing single core performance counts most in this area)

Programming ? Compiling software? The computers from 25 years ago where able to do it as well.

Well care for gaming performance if that is your real demand. Everything will your laptop do good enough. If you don't want to game so much use it as an opportunity to save money.

Can anyone confirm that new games make really full use of 4 CPUs? (Still believing single core performance counts most in this area)

Surely you'd get more performance with the 2 extra cores. Its been seen in the past, games made for dual core, like Battlefield Bad Company 2, get an fps boost on quad core processors.

IMO, quad core is just the sweet spot for gamers. Even supposedly CPU-intensive titles like BF4 usually don’t scale well beyond four cores.

Even if you look at the near future, coming with Windows 10, DirectX 12’s multi-threaded shizzle looks unlikely to scale beyond four cores, apparently ^^

EDIT: Totally agree with your first paragraph

I don't think it will be just stuff like C/C#/javascript/... That's why i said potentially, there might be some applications needed for a certain project. I know i can use 20 years old PC for standard stuff, but not everything will be like that, or at least i think so.