Sign in to follow this  
AEON

[Tutorial]How To Block The Xfire Adds in the client

Xfire shows some bad ads in the client and i can't bear those ugly girls on my desktop.So if u also don't want to see them do this :

CAUTION:

Using this trick will not allow you to visit Xfire's website in Internet Explorer anymore but you can access it on any other browser in my case FIrefox. Do not do this if you do not use an alternate browser(i.e if you still use IE). You have been warned!

Ok for all of you who hate the lag that the ad rotator causes this one is for you.

1) Close Xfire

2) Open Internet Explorer.

3) Go to Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab

4) Click Restricted Sites.

5) Click the "Sites..." button.

6) In the "Add this website to the zone:" box type "*.xfire.com" without the quotes.

7) Click Ok and close Internet Explorer

8) Log back into Xfire and voila!

Xfire shows some bad ads in the client and i can't bear those ugly girls on my desktop.So if u also don't want to see them do this :

Would you let them stay if they were pretty girls? :

btw. I think the browser that we should open and change settings must be the default browser of the computer. Mine is Firefox, I should set it from it, I guess.

btw. I think the browser that we should open and change settings must be the default browser of the computer. Mine is Firefox, I should set it from it, I guess.

lol its was just a joke about girls ;D and you should not do the setting in forefox i also use firefox but the xfire client uses internet explorer settings so when u do that setting in internet explorer u wont see the ads and you will still be able to open xfire.com on firefox. :cool:

lol its was just a joke about girls ;D and you should not do the setting in forefox i also use firefox but the xfire client uses internet explorer settings so when u do that setting in internet explorer u wont see the ads and you will still be able to open xfire.com on firefox. :cool:

Nah, it doesn't use the settings of IE. It uses the actual IE inside of it's own window. That's how lame it is :S

Nah, it doesn't use the settings of IE. It uses the actual IE inside of it's own window. That's how lame it is :S

lol thats weird :D but anyways i am glad you guys find it useful too.