Sign in to follow this  
Wraith.

IceOps expanding over to CS:GO

Well now that I have officially joined the clan I am going to start gathering people for the csgo side of the clan as well as try to populate it as much as possible.

First of all I'd recommend gathering at least 5-6 players to be the base of our team 

Which shouldn't prove hard, we already @Ninja and @DisreS (if he doesn't want to join the clan then that is fine as well) they, along with me, can get 2-3 more people by referring the people who play csgo with them to join us, for the time being ranks don't matter but later on we should set the bar up to DMG(Distinguished Master Guardian) for the joining the clan. The region doesn't really matter to me as I quite used to playing with high yet stable ping.

Secondly we should start setting up csgo servers 

I am currently working on retake, surf, hns, & bhop mods for the servers, and am trying to add suitable vip menus for monetization, and if possible we can get the servers up and running by next sunday, (I will be unavailable from this saturday till next wednesday as I have some work in another city). Once these servers are up and running we will get a good influx in people joining the community.

Meanwhile I also recommend finding people who can manage expanding the community into other games, of which our main focuses should be League of Legends, and probably an MMO game like Black Desert or Sea of thieves.

Edited by Wraith.

Great post but id recommend judging people simply by matchmaking rank is a bit hard. you should rather expand this to esea/faceit rank later on. i for example am only LEM(i play it with low rank friends) in matchmaking but faceit lvl6 which is way better than LEM.

@DisreS the thing about csgo matching is that it acts like a filter. For the first few hundred hours of the game everybody plays solo, and when you queue for a competitive match like that, you are going to be put up with 4 complete strangers who probably don't even speak your language, might or might not be good at the game, may or may not know any useful strats, may or may not coordinate with you, therefore in order to go through the ranks and reach the top 5 you need to develop of sort of mindset that enables you to cooperate with 4 complete strangers who may or may not be willing to help you, in order to win against 5 other players of about whom you know nothing, not the way they play, nor the skill rank, or what kind of strategies they will set up throughout the course of the match, those who can't are stuck in between gold nova and master guardian no matter how much better they get at the game itself, csgo rewards individual play, but not nearly as much as team play. I myself am at Legendary Eagle right now ( keep on deranking and upranking due to the influx in rage hackers in prime on dubai servers ), the account I currently use was at silver 3 when I bought it, and over a course of 400 hours and 324 games out of which i encountered around 160 people who were banned for cheating. I was able to do all this by learning to cooperate with complete strangers towards a common goal. Most of the people above DMG are like this, which is why I would prefer to recruit such people for the community. As for faceit and esea, the ranks on those mainly differentiate between players in terms of in-game skill, they're not nearly as good as csgo mm regarding differentiating players in terms of how good they perform for the team.

@Wraith. though i agree with the fact that this is the case for soloQ the amount of players who are only in those ranks because they queue with randoms or firends with higher ranks and are basically boosted up to those ranks. in esea or faceit you cant do that. you will only be able to gain elo by playing solo/duo/triple.

@DisreS like I said its not really about the rank, I'm not planning on creating a pro team so quickly off the bat. Right now the priority is getting decent with the required attitude. Skill is a necessary quality, but an in-game leader or strat-caller is much more important.

i may join sometime but nor for now.

i have already tried to "recruit" my friends for pubg and LOL but they are too much of an casual player to really care about an cummunity and just want to play with friends alone

@0sjors0 don't make it sound like they'll be bound to a community, just tell them that you want them to come here and meet new people, they don't need to join IceOps so immediately, they can come here and meet other people, play a few games with them, then decide whether to join or not.