Sign in to follow this  
QueNNch

Exciting offer ~

Guest DeltaMX

My friend told me that I can get an empty ATM card from my account and fill it every time I want to buy something.

Same, my paypal also has the card details stored...plus it's made on a different email ID, not the regular one I use to login into sites...so any cracker would first have to find what email ID I use, and then go for cracking, xD

Still a bit secure :P

Paypal. As I said, creditcard use in the internet (any kind of use, really) is not safe at all.

yea, okay but when i log in with paypal and want to buy it it says: add a creditcard to but this product.

Guest DeltaMX
Depends on your password, where do you use it etc. If you connect to paypal on a public hotspot... Oh well, just don't do that. Like at all.

In my case for example it is safe at all times. Why? Because I don't keep money there. I just send it to my paypal from my bank account when I want to make a transaction, also I send only the exact amount that I will use. So have fun for crackers hacking into my empty paypal :D

How do you do that when I am 18 I want to do that :P

Same, my paypal also has the card details stored...plus it's made on a different email ID, not the regular one I use to login into sites...so any cracker would first have to find what email ID I use, and then go for cracking, xD

Still a bit secure :P

yea, okay but when i log in with paypal and want to buy it it says: add a creditcard to but this product.

How do you do that when I am 18 I want to do that :P

My paypal is not linked with a credit card as that is bad too IMO. If someone compromises your paypal they can take all the money you have on your bank account. Which I wouldn't like to happen to me, really.

About paypal being secure or not, I just somehow have trust issue with that company. It should be as safe as any other non-single-use-passwords service over SSL. That is, as long as you check for the 'lock symbol' each time, you are fine. If you forget to check once and are unlucky, bye bye money.

My paypal is linked with a bank account. That way to use it I need to send money to paypal by hand from my online bank account, then I can buy stuff for the money in the paypal balance. If someone ever compromises my account, they can take all they find there, I don't mind. It's the whole 0.00€ after all :)

Guest BlitZ

Paypal is completely secure. They take some processing fee always. In my country, Paypal kept many restrictions which are quite frustrating.

Guest DeltaMX

Well there maybe an alternative, there are cards that you can buy and make a an account and charge that account with the money it's not that good and has low limited options where to use it but if you don't feel to much secure from Paypal or other and it can suit your demands it will be ok.

Paypal is completely secure. They take some processing fee always. In my country, Paypal kept many restrictions which are quite frustrating.

Completely secure does not exist. Every security measure can be broken. And yes, paypal indeed has nice security, but as all bigger banks already figured, the only really secure way to transfer money is using main password (in the best case padded so you don't send the whole thing at once) + one-time use passwords.

Completely secure does not exist. Every security measure can be broken. And yes, paypal indeed has nice security, but as all bigger banks already figured, the only really secure way to transfer money is using main password (in the best case padded so you don't send the whole thing at once) + one-time use passwords.

Yup, like my dad's HSBC card asks for a one time key code which is generated by a small device given by the bank, every time I do a transaction.

This:

LJX9E8e.jpg

By the way this thread was not made for discussing online payments and security :>

Guest arj

By the way this thread was not made for discussing online payments and security :>

Show me one thread free of offtopic posts :P

Yup, like my dad's HSBC card asks for a one time key code which is generated by a small device given by the bank, every time I do a transaction.

This:

LJX9E8e.jpg

This is called a security token, more info here.

Rule one:use debits as much as u can!

every debit is protected for at least 6 weeks after transaction. If u find a debit which isnt done regularly u can revoke it! Linking your paypal-account with a direct debit authorisation is at least secure for u!

Rule two: credit cards are per se not really secure, but for whom?

if u find a illegal credit card transaction indicate it to your credit card provider. They have an insurance for that! They regulate it in almost every case, if u can show u didnt used it negligent. Making a transaction in the environment of the www isnt negligent.