Sign in to follow this  
Guest arj

Graphic issue.

Guest arj

Hello folks,

recently on my old wasted PC I have some graphic issue, which is purple-green-blue screen after some time of playing (and today even after innocent browsing 9gag), and it looks liek that:

31552d1347583264-ati-mobility-radeon-5470-512-mb-photo.jpg

or (paint pr0)

KhYjyB6.png

I am pretty sure it's my graphic dying after ultra overheating (about 9000 Celsius degrees sometimes) but just want to be sure that it won't be corrupted ram/cpu/virus/gods vengeance.

And if I think good, any good suggestion about new graphic card? But not some ULTRA GeForce GTX 5280 16GB DDR7, just some good cheap card for cod4/wot/spider solitaire :D

Got the same problem before not exactly the same screen that u have but it always become blue after playing some games,and the problem was with my video card temperature,anyway i would go for gtx 650Ti

If you get after some operating time this faults your CPU / Northbridge / GPU cooler has insufficient thermal contact or a not properly working fan. Also good possible in your cooling system clugs a lot of dust. If that is the case I can only recommend to no longer use this laptop until the problem has been solved.

"about 9000 Celsius degrees sometimes". It would be a little bit high no? :)

Yes I think also it has a lot of dust. If you can clean it, then do it as soon as possible, if no, then don't play games, until you bring it to service station.

Guest arj

Meh, I cleaned it before Christmas, so it's all clean. But yeah, I think the problem is in fan on GPU. And in GPU. It is time for upgrade anyway, just wanted to be sure that if I buy new GPU the problem will be solved for sure, thanks :)

New GPU for notebook ? :o

You should be able to see your self if the fan can spin freely. Otherwise the cooler could have lost proper thermal contact to GPU die. However it still has some contact as you would see white smoke otherwise.

I have a tip, "erase" the shiny area of your RAM chips using an eraser :D it will probably remove the oxide layer and other dust particles which usually cause this issue.

BTW +1 for spider solitaire :D

Guest arj

Solved.

As always, reason was so "silly".

When I was in London, my dad was using my pc, and besides delta toolbar and stuff like that, also he "by mistake, there was some update window so I just clicked yes" upgraded drivers for newest. And as ATI screwed their new drivers for older cards, radeon hd 4850 was burning, screwing etc. Downgraded them to 11.11 and now everything is okay (by now)