Sign in to follow this  
panos738s

Promod/ Scriptmenus

Hi, I searched on google for promod scriptmenus because i want to modify them a bit but i didn't find something. I tried extract the text files from mod.ff but especially scriptmenus (.menu)... i can't read them:

7QET.jpg

7QFG.jpg

can u help me ?:(

You really shouldn't release a mod's source, especially since it is unofficial and just a remake. This can lead to serious flaws in the mod being exploited by players. I suggest you remove the link you posted above.

Yup, one of the guys that helped with openwarfare mod also helped with promod and he released the source code, people just don't know it and the people that has found them try to claim they've remade "promod" when really they most likely just edited it :P

I won't remove the link, although it's not official, it's still helpful.

Server owners assume the risk of using the files, if there were exploits that I could find, I wouldn't be uploading them.

If Ingram wants me to take down the link due to his licensing, I'll do it. No one else has any right (or really good reason) to make me take the link down.

NNJ

but adding a hack in a menu file?

I think server owners would rather modify scripts instead...

Also I would think it's a bit of a hypocrisy to use promod menu files (https://iceops.in/ipb/index.php?/topic/934-gsc-scripts-in-17a-promod/#entry11737) and then criticize me for posting them...

PM'd you what is currently running around promod servers.

The reason I use them is because it's nothing malicious.