Sign in to follow this  
Fa!l3r-Ger*

How to increase my computers speed?

Just made some thoughts about the topic. At first big thanks to all, who just answered and showed their will to help (except kelm..). But I think we missed our aims. I asked you for some tools or programs, that means software, to increase the speed. I didn't want to rebuild my whole computer. And I am honest to you, that I'm too stupid AND too lazy to search for some details about my PC. But this isn't the fact. I think for tools the power of the computer isn't that important.

So maybe I just ask you again, if you know any freeware, that could help me to fix the speed.

Setting priority of the iw3mp.exe process to "realtime" can help. However don't wonder if you can reset your PC instead shutdown if CoD4 makes strange stuff. Better you set the other processes like Xfire to very low priority. Only do that with processes which causing lag. Not the Windows own ones.

You can do it in task manager. Processes tab and the right click menu.

Razer Game Booster, its free :P and maybe some ram booster aswell?

Pretty nice program.

Setting priority of the iw3mp.exe process to "realtime" can help. However don't wonder if you can reset your PC instead shutdown if CoD4 makes strange stuff. Better you set the other processes like Xfire to very low priority. Only do that with processes which causing lag. Not the Windows own ones.

You can do it in task manager. Processes tab and the right click menu.

Yes, but anytime I do so there appears a warning that this change could cause damage on my computer.

Guest arj

Pretty nice program.

Yes, but anytime I do so there appears a warning that this change could cause damage on my computer.

When was your Windows installed? I think that you may have a lot of trash files and applications, which can slow down pc :P

Maybe try to uninstall unnecessary applications, then try defragmentation tool?

Don't set real time priority, just very high. Also try to find 'run' in menu start, then type in there "msconfgig", and in launch (one before last tab) uncheck some not needed apps.

That's basic, for nubs like you and me, for pr0 cmd//# tips you have to ask someone else :D

Uninstall vista. Do it. Dont buy a new os. Upgrading vista to 7 is free. I am really highly experienced at this since I managed to get 50 fps at an 11 yrs old laptop

btw. Dont install booster applications. They slow down the system.

Uninstall vista. Do it. Dont buy a new os. Upgrading vista to 7 is free. I am really highly experienced at this since I managed to get 50 fps at an 11 yrs old laptop

btw. Dont install booster applications. They slow down the system.

No it's not free? They are separate OS and I'm sure they're sold separately.

P.S. if you really know a working (legit) method, let us know please :D

Well.. Since my laptop does not accept installing the service packs, I couldn't install even one update... I don't know that side.

It is legal. It's shown in Microsoft's website.

I'll post the link approximately in 2 hours :P

Therefore, you need a Windows 7 installation disk and original key. It's not free D:

Guest arj

We do NOT know Polish, genius arj. Just wait a little bit more...

meh, it was on google uk, however after opening link it changed to Polish version - thought if I copy google search link it will work.