Sign in to follow this  
Down

Ordered a new pc, thoughts please.

Your cpu is running awfully hot?

My cpu barely reaches 50 degrees under load.

And a gtx 780 running a display at 1280 x 1024. Thats waste of power :P You should invest in a good 1080p display now that you can crank all dem settings up.

Ofcourse I will buy a new montitor when I got the money for it,

My CPU is hitting 99 degrees, dunno why.

Prob gonna need to limit the max temp in Bios anytime soon.

EDIT: Bios says it's around 47 degrees so that program is failing in measuring heatness

What the F*CK!

That's awesome man! :o

If I was you, I would get money to upgrade your CPU immediately, because having an A8 with a GTX780 is just like having a car without wheels. (We can always trade parts :') :') :') )

Edit: One of the things that confuse me, is that they don't even allow people to select a GTX780 with that Custom-Build-PC. (I'm Dutch too)

So they actually just made a HUGE mistake. Lol

What the F*CK!

If I was you, I would get money to upgrade your CPU immediately, because having an A8 with a GTX780 is just like having a car without wheels. (We can always trade parts :') :') :') )

Edit: One of the things that confuse me, is that they don't even allow people to select a GTX780 with that Custom-Build-PC. (I'm Dutch too)

But then he would have to buy a new mobo aswell, amd apus arent the most powerful things in the world.

@Down in bios theres almost no workload aka idle so 47 degrees idle is pretty hot unless you went to bios quickly after the temps were so high.

99 degrees on a cpu would fry it, i dont think theyre designed to handle such temps.

What the F*CK!

But then he would have to buy a new mobo aswell, amd apus arent the most powerful things in the world.

The best thing to do is get:

New CPU

New Screen

New Mobo

Cooler

CPU: Amd or Intel (AMD: FX-8350, Intel: i5-4590 - 4690 - 4670)

Mobo: Intel: Gigabyte G1.Sniper B5 (Cheap but good ;)) AMD: ASRock 970 Extreme4 (Same story)

Screen: SAMSUNG S22C20KBS (I guess, you can buy it @Monitorstore.nl)

Cooler: I personally have the Gelid Solutions Tranquillo rev. 2, which is a great cooler imo.

This will cost around: AMD: 360 eur - Intel: 380 eur

I'm not that good with parts, so I don't really know what is the best. ;)

Your cpu is running awfully hot?

My cpu barely reaches 50 degrees under load.

And a gtx 780 running a display at 1280 x 1024. Thats waste of power :P You should invest in a good 1080p display now that you can crank all dem settings up.

Ofcourse I will buy a new montitor when I got the money for it,

My CPU is hitting 99 degrees, dunno why.

Prob gonna need to limit the max temp in Bios anytime soon.

Give the CPU a week, probably because it's new and it might be showing 99 degrees but it's actually not. my i7 did that but after couple days it was showing around 50 degrees

Well, this wasnt planned so I dont really have money left to buy other parts lol

Maybe sometime in the future ill upgrade my mobo/cpu

for now im going with a new monitor

And the A8-6600k isn't even that bad, 4 ghz quad core is fine enough for the next 2 years

Well, this wasnt planned so I dont really have money left to buy other parts lol

And the A8-6600k isn't even that bad, 4 ghz quad core is fine enough for the next 2 years

Theres alot more to a CPU than ghz and core count :P

There are architectural differences (most important), different amounts of L1 L2 and L3 cache etc. :)

But unless it bottlenecks the gtx 780 badly, you could be fine with it for some time.

I think you'll be fine, just for games like CoD4 on that res.

I'd just get new parts asap to get the best performance out of that beast you have :P (When you get the money, ofcourse)

Like MixR already said, it's not about GHz nor it is about cores. I'd just wait a bit until you have some money. ;)

PS: Ik wens je veel succes met je PC :P

There are architectural differences (most important), different amounts of L1 L2 and L3 cache etc. :)

But unless it bottlenecks the gtx 780 badly, you could be fine with it for some time.

Dont think so, maxfps im getting in cod4 now is 1000

Dont think so, maxfps im getting in cod4 now is 1000

Cod 4 @ that resolution is nothing for that gpu, i mean when playing more demanding games :P

Yeah but temperature management is very important. Try and keep it <40℃ at idle and <80℃ at heavy load. That's all I know.

And yeah as lossy said, the 99℃ displaying on speccy looks like a bug.

Yeah but temperature management is very important. Try and keep it <40℃ at idle and <80℃ at heavy load. That's all I know.

And yeah as lossy said, the 99℃ displaying on speccy looks like a bug.

It is because another program shows it's just 40-50

and on speccy its already 90-105 degrees the moment I start the pc up lol.

And im just sitting here waiting 5 minutes for my pc to turn on :(

Sounds so familar to me. But fortunately I got today a 512GB solidstatedrive.

@Down don't let them make your PC worse than it is actually. I have a 5 year old Core I7 860. And it is still sufficient.

Sounds so familar to me. But fortunately I got today a 512GB solidstatedrive.

@Down don't let them make your PC worse than it is actually. I have a 5 year old Core I7 860. And it is still sufficient.

Thanks Ninja :)

It took 1,5 hours today..

Nothing intopic, i'm too tired to read all these posts above

It took 1,5 hours today..

Nothing intopic, i'm too tired to read all these posts above

1,5 hours, man I dont know which tree you got your piece of wood from but must've been a old one.