Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Modified deathrun "Idea"

Well i was playing Deathrun earlier with a freind and i was thinking "what if deathrun was a chasing mod" in cod 4.

It got all the aspects of it already just the wrong Spawn for the activator.

The players spawns (With no guns of course ...) And the acti spawns behind them but get release after 20 seconds or so and he need to chase the runners down to kill them with the hatchet (slow players will die) and like classic deathrun players who finishes the map can choose a room.

Old maps (with no rooms) spawn a hatchet in the players hand.

A example of a similar mod is Pedo Bear in Garrys mod mini games. Where you run and get chased by a pedo bear (in one map is a obstacle course) and it is amazing.

I think i do not explain myself very well but if you have question ask :P.

It is just an idea. But sounds fun XD

I had this idea a while back, was going to make it in the style of temple run the iphone game, but there are a few things wrong with it:

Firstly is the acti is afk if will be boring, or if players are afk it giving the acti a unfair amount of xp

If you are having a obstical course you have to make sure the acti can do it without dieing

Then you have to make sure it is balanced which is hard when players has different skill level.

I had this idea a while back, was going to make it in the style of temple run the iphone game, but there are a few things wrong with it:

Firstly is the acti is afk if will be boring, or if players are afk it giving the acti a unfair amount of xp

If you are having a obstical course you have to make sure the acti can do it without dieing

Then you have to make sure it is balanced which is hard when players has different skill level.

Dying*

But yeah, you have a point. buy_facebook_fans.png

Guest EpSiLoN :)
It's a good idea but not for people who are new to death run. If activator is a noob like Epsi or rocky they would kill everyone I mean if activator is pro all jumpers RIP. :P

Meh? Ima not a nub :'(

Ofc ur not a nub (joke U r a nub darlin)

And this idea is a good idea but we should not disturb our DR servers we should start a new server and we need new maps and new name to this mod then it'll be great then.

Ofc ur not a nub (joke U r a nub darlin)

And this idea is a good idea but we should not disturb our DR servers we should start a new server and we need new maps and new name to this mod then it'll be great then.

i mean yes but if u want this to exist :P we need a modder ^^

hrm maybe I could make it...

can someone link me the GMOD server IP you're talking about so I can understand the mod better?

was talking about the cod 4 Deathrun :P but in comparaison of a Gmod mod called "escape the pedobear"

here is a video of it tho

Guest Thomas180702

Yeah, great idea, but if the acti is noob, he will die immediately! :P :P :P

The mod wouldn't be to hard to make but someone would have to create a map in which the activator and player spawn where in the correct space and what happens if the activator or runner finishes the course does he get to somehow kill all the runners or something else but I'm definitely interested in this idea and would make the mod if someone who was willing to create the map for it.

Well with help of NNJ and fisher we can make this possible. All our mappers like *V* can help with mapping I can help with testing maps( findin bugs etc ) Cuz I cant do modding and stuff. :D If we make this happen we(IceOps) will be one of Most popular Server of COD4 and we will gain lot of new players.

Well fisher we need permission from higher authority ( administrator or super mods) before we advance. So let us wait for them.

wat

Why would you need permission to make a mod?

Doesnt make sense