Sign in to follow this  
DavidO

More custom maps for obscurity server

Tested slick on the server, not really good.

Obsc was falling down the map once, sky is soometims black bugged etc.. Can be removed again imo

Also tested mp_kirkuk, the map looks a bit unrealistic and not perfect made, but was still fun and nice ^^

scrap is a nice map, can we add it to the map rotation?

Guest arj

Anyone remember map called Selo? I miss it so much, it was good for obscurity, no sky bug etc. And great for playing on lap - when I was playing on other maps I had 15 fps outside, on selo it was about 50.

Guys come on. Please add more maps to the rotation on the Obscurity server because it gets boring playing same maps over and over again (especially when admins come on and change to the standard 3 which are, ms2, crash, strike).

I sugest you add maps such as:

- Chinatown

- Favela

- Invasion

- Modern rust (This one might have some weather problems)

- Highrise

There are so many cool maps which are not in use on the server and work out well with this mod. The ones I named are the ones I remember and Im sure there is more which could be used. Please do something about it to make the server more interesting.

Oh, and it would be great if admins where not allowed to change the map rotation because playing the same map over and over again gets very boring.

Thanks.

Guest DeltaMX

chinatown is incompatible with the server it will make it crash I think.

All other maps are on the server but need to be added to rotation. but some maps have bugs.

I don't know if they will add new maps though or if they added already.

Guest DeltaMX

All other maps are on the server but need to be added to rotation. but some maps have bugs.

Chinatown makes the server crash. It has something to do with the mod.

Kelm added few maps named - Fabrika, vtm_sniper_factory and forsaken industry but they have also few bugs and they aren't in rotation yet. Only admin can turn it on. Kelm also said that these maps are too large to download. (For these people with bad download speed)

Adding the maps to the rotation must be very hard and time taking.

Let me surprise you - yes. At least if you care to find a map that doesn't have glitches EVERYWHERE, looks decent and is not over 50MB in size... Also obs sets a more restrictive xmodel limit.

In short: if we wanted to add a crappy map that looks like it was made in 20 minutes and is glitched everywhere, then yes, it can be done in no-time. But we want to keep it high quality.

Guest arj

Let me surprise you - yes. At least if you care to find a map that doesn't have glitches EVERYWHERE, looks decent and is not over 50MB in size... Also obs sets a more restrictive xmodel limit.

In short: if we wanted to add a crappy map that looks like it was made in 20 minutes and is glitched everywhere, then yes, it can be done in no-time. But we want to keep it high quality.

Totally agree.

Inv - has undermap glitch witch allows obscurity to leap from undermap and kill marine.

Fav - full of glitches, one of most annoying is place where marines can go 'inside' building like obs phasing, and yet obscurity cant get them there.

Chinatown - not supported by the mod

Modern Rust - if admin is not online, and there is midday, obs cant see, as it is too bright

Highrise - no comment.

These maps have been running on RTX server for ages and no one seen a problem with it. Yet, at the times when the server existing there wasn't -10 points and auto teleporting when obs went/fell under map and you're making a massive problem out of it. People glitching on favela? Wow, there's atleast one glitch on every single map and surprisingly, you are running them on your server. The favela glitch is actually very easy to teleport players from it comparing to other maps and yes, obs can get in there and poss on one side. Also, what are admins for? 50mb in size is not even that much and doesn't take long, plus later on when everyone downloads all of the maps they won't have to do it again.

Oh, and the weed server is running a lot of custom maps too and they don't have any problems with it.

Btw, since when is chinatown not supported by the mod?

Guest arj

Btw, since when is chinatown not supported by the mod?

Taadaaam: http://www.obscuritymod.com/2011/09/18/important-chinatown-map-is-no-longer-supported/

People glitching on favela? Wow, there's atleast one glitch on every single map and surprisingly, you are running them on your server. The favela glitch is actually very easy to teleport players from it comparing to other maps and yes, obs can get in there and poss on one side. Also, what are admins for?

There is a lot of players who would not take a hint or warning if it was wrapped around a lead pipe, and you are the best example. Once I was warning 4 (four, czterech) players on fav to go out of glitch and stop doing that - smite didnt help. Kick didnt help. After 5 min tempban, as they connected, immediately went back to that glitch.