Sign in to follow this  
the mean character

HOW I LOWER MY PING?

I don't know if this works, but correct me if i'm wrong:

So you connect a VPN close to the UK.

i live in Boston, and getting a ping from UK is about 90-80.

Now, I connect the VPN that will connect to UK and then that UK server will connect to this server....

Will i be able to get a 90-80 ping still? I always wanted to know this....

Guest DeltaMX

This is only in deathrun. My ping was in there 95-99 Dubai is not that far from my location check your ISP the problem should be from there. (This is just an opinion I could be terribly wrong though)

Now, I connect the VPN that will connect to UK and then that UK server will connect to this server....

Do you have SSH access to the server you connect to (in the VPN)? If yes, execute the ping command, it will give you latency from that server to the gameserver. then you add your latency to that server with what ping returns.

Still, the easiest way - connect to the VPN, then ping iceops.in. It is on the very same server :)

Do you have SSH access to the server you connect to (in the VPN)? If yes, execute the ping command, it will give you latency from that server to the gameserver. then you add your latency to that server with what ping returns.

Still, the easiest way - connect to the VPN, then ping iceops.in. It is on the very same server :)

To be honest, i don't VPN and i never used one as there is no blocked websites for me or i barley receive a DDoS attack. I just brought that idea out as i was thinking of this for months already and i always wanted to know if it does help...

To be honest, i don't VPN and i never used one as there is no blocked websites for me or i barley receive a DDoS attack. I just brought that idea out as i was thinking of this for months already and i always wanted to know if it does help...

It probably won't help as the packets have to travel the same distance anyway, but in case of VPN they have to also get encrypted + decrypted. The only situation it might help in is - if you connect to VPN it uses a good routing (shorter way), and connecting directly to the server it goes in circles ;P

Actually our server is fine. Other players have not this problem. Also internet infrastructure in Europe is perfectly upgraded.

If he did not had overloaded his internet connection his ISP operate with an overloaded network and data traffic getting buffered for like 400ms.

This can also depend on remote IP if he has 2 networks parallel.

Guest DeltaMX

On the contrary I am very happy, you don't know how many bars I get from the router and how many use the Internet at the same time.

Edit: despite all the factors my ping in promod is in the 70s

well,i'm lucky cuz my ping about 80 at this new IP,delta gonna be angry now :P

The reason is that Jordan got probably a internet connection from higher quality.

And 76ms was my ping before I had my upgraded internet here at home. ^^

Guest DeltaMX

But now my ping is also great but due to one bar connection from and the router and like 7 people are using the Internet at the same time.

I can recommend to use a cfossspeed program to everyone who has a ping/speed/connection problem.

It's an award winning network packages otptimalizer program.

You can use the trial version for 1 month, after that you must to purchase a license. It's very cheap.

I am satisfied owner and user since 2006. If I have many uploads/downloads peers then usually I can get lower ping to play with cfosspeed than without.

Link: www.cfos.de

I can recommend to use a cfossspeed program to everyone who has a ping/speed/connection problem.

It's an award winning network packages otptimalizer program.

You can use the trial version for 1 month, after that you must to purchase a license. It's very cheap.

I am satisfied owner and user since 2006. If I have many uploads/downloads peers then usually I can get lower ping to play with cfosspeed than without.

Link: www.cfos.de

Well then I can use it to play with better ping on American servers.

I want to try it, so which one should I download from this page http://www.cfos.de/en/download/download.htm ?

TIA :)