Sign in to follow this  
McSnaggit

Cod 4 Modded Server

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I'm going to give it a try.

Anyway I'm planning on start a small private server for cod4 for me and my friends.

I have set up a server a while ago at i3d.nl and used Leetmod to customize some settings. This time I want to go somewhat smaller because leetmod is kind of big. Do any of you know how I can simply change health settings and maybe allowed perks WITH still having the ability to use your own classes (so not ModWarfare's system where you have to create your classes again every match).

Thanks in advance and if I did something wrong, please notify me!

Why not stick with leetmod? Only because it's bigger then you need?

You can always just use the functions that you want to use instead of using it all?

Yeah you're right, I just wanted to know if there is a better way. I think it's a bit weird that it's such a hassle. I had some nice settings but I will need to install everything again. Oh and there was a small bug in leetmod that when enemies fire they cannot be seen on the minimap. But thanks anyway!

Edit: But in IceOps certain perks aren't allowed too right? How is that done?

Edited by McSnaggit

One last thing. I'm trying to install COD4x18 on my server but I don't really understand the instructions on github. I placed all the files in my windows server. What does my startup need to look like? I have something like this: ./cod4x18_dedrun.exe +set dedicated 2 (etc)

EDIT: I use i3D as host.

Edited by McSnaggit

Visit cod4x.me there you'll find your answers or you can ask them there. The people on that forum are working on it so they know it the best