Sign in to follow this  
minQkel

Lagg spikes

Might be external use, someone using ur router when you don't know.

Just change its password and increase security to see if you notice a change ;)

Also, changing your channel to one that is on the other side of the channel range,

for example if your wifi channel is 4, then change it to 11. If it's 11 change it to 2.

The compatible channel range for most devices is between 1 and 11(or maybe till 13), so if for example the region around channel 4 is used by someone else, then the nearby channels 3 and 5 are also not recommended to use. Use the channels farthest away from others such as 9, 10 or 11 (in this case).

If you're still confused use a wifi analyzer app on a smartphone. Most look like this:

wifim.png

So this is a graph of signal strength against different wifi channels (indicated by different colours).

In this case I would recommend using channel 4 or maybe channel 7. These both would be the farthest possible away from other interference and would help solving lag or packet loss.

Hope I helped !

EDIT: Well I just tried to ping too, found a little spike but I think it's fine, it is noticeable ingame though.

d9b610949ce84e2b08c55404db76f50e.png

Thanks for your reply Quench, I checked but theres no1 else using our router. Also already changed the channel a few years back :P

Well then try changing* again. And BTW the iceops dedi has been getting huge lag spikes recently which just last for a minute or two. I can confirm this because then all the players sorta cry "laaag wtf" ingame. Happened today and yesterday :(

Like Kelm said, try pinging other addresses.

*Edited

Guest arj

And BTW the iceops dedi has been getting huge lag spikes recently which just last for a minute or two. I can confirm this because then all the players sorta cry "laaag wtf" ingame. Happened today and yesterday :(

It's because:

someone is mad

:P

Could you make the same test on, for example, google.com?

I had the same problem on google.com, already checked before i posted :)

didnt lose any packets but sometimes above 2000 ms.

No problems atm btw

I had the same problem on google.com, already checked before i posted :)

didnt lose any packets but sometimes above 2000 ms.

No problems atm btw

That's bad too. Either your ISP is crap or your internet usage is high / changing fast.