Sign in to follow this  
Varatesh

Griefing - NiceNoobs|Pie

1. What type of a rule break are you reporting:

Griefing. Deliberate breaking of lasers and teamflashing.

2. Server:

Iceops obscurity.

3. Approximate time:

Around 12 PM, 1 AM night to sunday 01.03.2015

4. Player's name:

NiceNoobs|Pie

5. Player's GUID or UID:

790ec04a

6. Proof (bear in mind that we can use chatlogs):

http://imgur.com/Vq2crFw

http://imgur.com/wrYqvRW

http://imgur.com/6eirIVJ

7. Please describe what happened:

Pie has had a gripe with my game-play style for a while now. Because of that he keeps he keeps ruining my lasers and throwing selective flashes at me. This has been going on for weeks with him doing it every time we are on at the same time. Almost every round. And tonight Iceops|Prime seems to be backing him, even engaging in a bit of griefing himself.

He keeps doing it because mods online rarely do anything. Infact, many mods and iceops members seem to encourage such behaviour. Pie claims that iceops mods have Ok'd such behaviour.

Speaking of mods. Here are some screens of mods doing the same:

http://i.imgur.com/ocwaUp8.jpg

http://imgur.com/Bg8v4Vf

Is camping banned in this server? Is it really allowed to grief someone just because people are butthurt over dying to campers? If not, are iceops members breaking their own rules? Why won't mods actually enforce rules?

Well, There's really no Rules saying that you can't camp nor Breaking other players' lasers/car bombs/clays.

IMO there could be times where someone can get warned not to do it or possibly get a kick or tempban, But I doubt that'll really happen.

You can always Opt out of 'camping' with lasers and such by adjusting your playing style- It's not really that hard, But I don't make my own rules in the Server and since this isn't a rule there really isn't anything Me or any other Admins can do about it(Or else it'll probably backfire against them under the Global Rules section 1-6: 'Enforcing of own rules will lead to a ban / loss of power') so sorry.

I was there they kept arguing and lasers and team killing I said no more team kills or ban but they didn't.

Like Kenai said there is no rule about sabotaging lasers or clays etc...

And Varatesh you should watch your language you keep insulting so much.

Speaking of mods. Here are some screens of mods doing the same:

i.imgur.com/ocwaUp8.jpg

imgur.com/Bg8v4Vf

I see only one moderator doing the same there. I kinda find it very sad you report this, now I feel like changing my custom class to claymores when you're in the server. I bet you know where I'm going to plant those.

Arguably teamflashing lacks regulation too then. Both are non-lethal means to grief fellow team players.

Going around deliberately shooting lasers is griefing equal to teamflashing. I did not mention claymores/c4/carbombs. In addition, this dude likes to throw teamflashes at me when I am alone with no one around.

And oi minq, the report is not about you. But when random nubs see mods/iceops members acting like that they will copycat.

Arguably teamflashing lacks regulation too then. Both are non-lethal means to grief fellow team players.

Going around deliberately shooting lasers is griefing equal to teamflashing. I did not mention claymores/c4/carbombs. In addition, this dude likes to throw teamflashes at me when I am alone with no one around.

And oi minq, the report is not about you. But when random nubs see mods/iceops members acting like that they will copycat.

I warn for TeamFlashing, That's about it from the options above. And I mentioned the Clays/C4/Car Bombs in case it came up later in the discussion.

I warn for TeamFlashing, That's about it from the options above. And I mentioned the Clays/C4/Car Bombs in case it came up later in the discussion.

1. Play with care for your teammates. Do not fire at them in any case!

Well, your basis for warning for flash seems a bit weak. You'll have to interpret quite a bit to claim that throwing a flash is considered firing at someone. If play with care is emphasized, then griefing others would be banned as well.

1. Play with care for your teammates. Do not fire at them in any case!

Well, your basis for warning for flash seems a bit weak. You'll have to interpret quite a bit to claim that throwing a flash is considered firing at someone. If play with care is emphasized, then griefing others would be banned as well.

You have to remember, Team flashing is NOT a rule, Hence why I don't really do anything about it- Only when others complain. And 'Playing with Care' is specifically for tagging or teamkilling- NOT 'griefing.'

I too warn for Teamflashing in the case that there are a lot of players online and one genius decides to throw all his 3 flash right at the beginning.

In this case, the rule "play with care for your teammates" applies (IMO).

Breaking lasers is gold. Yes, I do it too sometimes. Same with claymores (without damaging teammates tho). I just love to see people freak out after that :D

And well, team flashing is just mean. You basically give a teammate to the obs on a silver platter. I too think it falls into the obs #1 rule, just don't do it.

All jokes aside - do claymores kill obs? Not really, no. Do claymores kill other humans? Every damned time. Do you think lasers are useful? I think they only work against a noob as an ob (which you should be able to kill anyway). Other than that, they give the scared campers a false sense of security and get them possessed (which hurts the team as a whole, doesn't it?). Say again, is it really griefing? Honestly, I don't think it is.

Edit:

Forgot about camping - camping is of course allowed on our servers. At the same time, it is not really liked by more experienced and skilled players. Why? Because you can get swapped / possessed which usually leads to dead bodies of other people. Also you can shoot someone because 'he walked through that door and scared me'. Or maybe he walked next to your claymore and the obs said 'pushoh'. It's just bad for the whole humans team overall.

Breaking lasers is gold. Yes, I do it too sometimes. Same with claymores (without damaging teammates tho). I just love to see people freak out after that :D

And well, team flashing is just mean. You basically give a teammate to the obs on a silver platter. I too think it falls into the obs #1 rule, just don't do it.

All jokes aside - do claymores kill obs? Not really, no. Do claymores kill other humans? Every damned time. Do you think lasers are useful? I think they only work against a noob as an ob (which you should be able to kill anyway). Other than that, they give the scared campers a false sense of security and get them possessed (which hurts the team as a whole, doesn't it?). Say again, is it really griefing? Honestly, I don't think it is.

Edit:

Forgot about camping - camping is of course allowed on our servers. At the same time, it is not really liked by more experienced and skilled players. Why? Because you can get swapped / possessed which usually leads to dead bodies of other people. Also you can shoot someone because 'he walked through that door and scared me'. Or maybe he walked next to your claymore and the obs said 'pushoh'. It's just bad for the whole humans team overall.

obs #1 rule is then being selectively interpreted. Flashes are not banned since it hurts you, dont-give-a-fuck about lasers because you don't use them. Net effect being a soft ban on good camping because mods don't like dying to campers. The noobs you mentioned can keep doing what they do while failing.

Regarding rest, clearly you haven't played much against me. Lasers are the ultimate counter vs ghost and leaper because chills just cut it vs an obs that uses speed+no sound. Just using lasers does not mean you are stationary enough for a poss. Obs might steal your weapon if your room is tiny enough, but that's very risky.

And claymores DO kill when placed properly (double clay, etc), but I find them to more useful as an additional sound-based counter against obs. As long as they don't go boom, you know obs isn't lurking in that direction and can screen elsewhere. Ghost proof. That said, placing them in open in an open area with marines is completely retarded.

Lasers are very useful if you know where to place them, same with claymores, on the other hand of you are not smart enough to understand how this mod works then lasers and claymores won't have any effect.

Also placing bunch of lasers in a room (like 8 or more) will protect you good enough

Well, Lasers aren't doing any harm to humans so I think it's stupid to break them. And u will probaly will be tked if u do it 2 rounds in a row. But then the tker will be kicked because tk is not allowed. I know the frustration as I used it before(lasers) But you are just pissing people off because you want some fun? @TheKelm