2. Server: Deathrun 1.2

3. Approximate time: 2pm (GMT+1) - UK Time

4. Player names:

|TEABAGS|CoBrA

tbnhfe

BJ*|Targa

BJ*|Daniel

iN zoom

5. Player GUIDs: Don't have them unfortunately.

6. Proof: [attach=2419][/attach]

7. Please describe what happened:

The 5 players listed above exploited a flaw in the map Bananaphonev2.

They waited for activator to activate the 2nd trap, and jumped onto it; skipping a considerable portion of the map, and finished way before those who took the intended route of the map.

This allowed them to gain an unfair advantage over the players who did not exploit the map flaw.

This should be interesting.

Guest arj - Bane of The Anons

Uhm, all of us did it at least once. Old trick, I think it's nothing really bad :P At least smart activator can prevent it, not like they can abuse it whenever they want.

Uhm, all of us did it at least once. Old trick, I think it's nothing really bad :P At least smart activator can prevent it, not like they can abuse it whenever they want.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a ban from this one. I was just advised to report it just in case - members seem to be torn on the subject.

dat title 10/10.

Arj it is still bug dxploiting, and it isnt first offence of some people(tbnhfe often disobeys rules, tries killimg avtivator thriugh glass, amd recently got banned for it (killing activatir through glass), so i would definitely punish that guy

Guest Ares
dat title 10/10.

Arj it is still bug dxploiting, and it isnt first offence of some people(tbnhfe often disobeys rules, tries killimg avtivator thriugh glass, amd recently got banned for it (killing activatir through glass), so i would definitely punish that guy

Are you drunk?

dat title 10/10.

Are you drunk?

autocorrect didnt do its job.

dat title 10/10.

Thanks <3

And thank fuck I'm not going crazy.

@ImChoK was present there at that time. So we can blame this one him :whistling:

Since 5 guys were waiting for the second trap to be activated, I think the activator could have anticipated that.

I still think it's down to the jumpers though. The activator might want the xp for activating the trap, or might not know about the bug.

I just think it gives people an unfair advantage and allows them to skip traps - just like the one on apocalypse. If anything, this one's worse cos the activator has no chance of catching up to the jumpers.

As I said before these shortcuts are not explicitely bug exploits but really just tricks to save time map completion time.

And imo I would allow them :)

I think they save more than map completion time. Unless someone majorly fucks up after using this shortcut, they've got a guaranteed free run to the end of the map, and an advantage over the other jumpers/activator.

Just my opinion - few people thought this should be discussed :)

I just think it gives people an unfair advantage and allows them to skip traps - just like the one on apocalypse. If anything, this one's worse cos the activator has no chance of catching up to the jumpers.

Cmon man, if the activator wants xp then he activates it to kill the jumpers, not after. In case the activator doesn't know that, he will after his first time ;)

Cmon man, if the activator wants xp then he activates it to kill the jumpers, not after. In case the activator doesn't know that, he will after his first time ;)

Yeah true, but the majority of people these days "acti after" etc. Seen it happen many times on bananaphone, was always under the impression it wasn't allowed so I don't do it.

But if it's allowed I wont report it anymore :P

Please bare in mind that usually the jumpers themselves will demand that the activator activate that trap to allow the jumpers to do the 'shortcut'. And also what is the point of having the traps in the first place if people can just skip half of them through such means.

Please bare in mind that usually the jumpers themselves will demand that the activator activate that trap to allow the jumpers to do the 'shortcut'. And also what is the point of having the traps in the first place if people can just skip half of them through such means.

Yeah exactly.

I just don't understand how this can be allowed if the one in apocalypse is forbidden.

The one on apocalypse is much harder to get to, as well as it being possible for the activator to stick alongside the jumper and activate on them when they reach the upstairs section.

I'm definitely not asking for the apocalypse one to be legalised, just that it be considered to forbid the bananaphone 'shortcut'.

Guest Ares

I see no reason why it should be forbidden. You might as well disable every secret since they both accomplish the same thing. In fact, if the mapper labeled the bug as a secret we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Guest arj - Bane of The Anons

Agree with Ares, if only you needed 333-777-30 fps switch to jump properly from there then it would be okay. Since it's easy, we can't allow peasants to feel like good players.

I see no reason why it should be forbidden. You might as well disable every secret since they both accomplish the same thing. In fact, if the mapper labeled the bug as a secret we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Does that mean the one on apocalypse is classed as a 'secret'?

The main difference is the fact that map secrets don't require the activator to help the jumpers. The jumpers can enter themselves without help.

Also, secrets are usually harder than the actual map, which presents a challenge for the jumpers, justifying the reward of finishing ahead.

Agree with Ares, if only you needed 333-777-30 fps switch to jump properly from there then it would be okay. Since it's easy, we can't allow peasants to feel like good players.

It's got nothing to do with player skill, it's the principle of exploiting a map flaw to gain an advantage which is the issue.

Anyway, this was only intended to result in a discussion anyway, so I'm satisfied.

usually the jumpers themselves will demand that the activator activate that trap to allow the jumpers to do the 'shortcut'.

Exactly. They are just too lazy to do the other traps free. Therefore, if the activator lets them get off easy, I don't see any exploration of the bug/map.

Late reply king strikes once more!

The real problem here is a philosophical one. Also, there are actually three problems here instead of one:

- What is the point of deathrun when there are no traps / traps are not being activated / traps can be skipped entirely?

- Why do mappers not test their maps and even after a flaw is detected - it's never fixed?

The first one will angry the wannabe MLGs with their penis-enlarging fps switch binds. The other one make lazy mappers furious (and that's like 99% of DR mappers). Usually I'd be sad for making people angry, but when looking at those groups I'd rather piss them off a bit more every now and then :)

There are more things wrong about the current deathrun community but this is neither a time nor place for my whining so I'll spare you... For now.

I always temp-banned the activator AND the person cheating, but when I did it I knew the two that were doing it rather well, and it wasn't their first offense on anything.

What is the point of deathrun when there are no traps / traps are not being activated / traps can be skipped entirely?

Why do mappers not test their maps and even after a flaw is detected - it's never fixed?

Exactly, but I think people should be able to respect the first problem and apply it to the second problem.

Recognise that it is a map flaw, and don't take advantage of it to skip traps.

Sign in to follow this