Sign in to follow this  
UmAd Br0

Xfire

Notification

System Broadcast:

Dear Xfire users - It is with sadness that we must announce that the Xfire Social services will be shutdown on Friday. Please visit social.xfire.com to download your video/screenshot data. We apologize for the short notice - Xfire Community Team

For those who made lots of screenshots etc. you can download it here: social.xfire.com

Guest Pele #10

And I will say only that for me personally xfire two years ago was better than Steam Steam for me for long time to load forever in my memory xd xfire.

Yeah, Steam is quite tedious for us with low end PC's. But as I always say: if you can handle a laggy life. You can handle a naggy wife. <3

Cmon low end pc steam runed fine on my Macbook on bootcamp :P coudnt run alot of games but steam never was long to load. 20 sec max. Now with the pc i had and got it laods under 5 Seconds :P

Yeah, Steam is quite tedious for us with low end PC's. But as I always say: if you can handle a laggy life. You can handle a naggy wife. <3

Cmon low end pc steam runed fine on my Macbook on bootcamp :P coudnt run alot of games but steam never was long to load. 20 sec max. Now with the pc i had and got it laods under 5 Seconds :P

It's obvious then that your "low-end" Macbook is/was a mark up my low-end PC. It literally takes 40-70 seconds to start up Steam after several attempts.. on a good day it'll do 20 seconds :D

Well Xfire was great as long as it got maintained. After Viacom sold it (Summer 2010) nobody did any shit for it but keep it running. Steam was kinda far behind at this time. But they basically copied all the features from update to update and made Xfire almost obsolete. Xfire on the other hand received no longer development. Kinda sad but true.

Edit: Titan-Gaming created probably Xfire2 which is still buggy.

However I'm still wondering how I record video in Steam.

This is indeed sad news. Don't know why did they need to shut down the messenger as it only made the brand Xfire more popular. Now they want to get into the esports business but they don't realise that their rival ESL also has a messenger (with integrated anticheat and auto server joining).

They just scrapped one of their biggest strengths, the community.

EDIT: I noticed their website has improved a lot with all the tournament stuff going on. It seems like they shut down messenger to maybe... save on server costs? Don't think so because apparently it was peer-to-peer o.0

Well they kill what they bought for money. The Community. Really a dick move. I hope they will die completely once nobody cares anymore for them.

To clone what Steam does had more likely worked I think. Because people and infrastructure had been already there.

What is done is done...

I doubt you can ever hope to get it back. The only thing we can hope is that their league thing doesn't survive for long. But well unlike the old Xfire it won't costs much money to keep a website alive.

Finally I don't want to know how much Chris Kirmse's heart bleeds...