Sign in to follow this  
McSnaggit

Freeze/Lag when certain sounds play [COD4]

I just reïnstalled COD4 on steam because I had this problem with the game freezing/lagging for a second. I unfortunately still experience this.

It's not always the same, but most of the time when I call in a killstreak or when a rocket is fired from a helicopter (so I presume it has something to do with loading in the sounds, and maybe loud sounds), the game lags or freezes for a second. :(

Didn't have this problem before, I think it was after installing codx1.8.

This is extremely annoying. Does someone experience this too, or has anybody a solution?

Thanks in advance! :D

U mean:

When u have a killstreak like UAV. The game freezes totally so nothing moving?

Never heard of this problem before. But noticed that it could take some time to load the Predator. As you sort of teleport to the rocket.

Yes, when you just got a 3 kill streak, a voice will announce that. That's when the entire game freezes for a very short period. Although it's short, it's very annoying and can cost me my life... (drama intended).

I had this 2 its cuz cpu go up in the moment you get killstrike that coused of virus . This virus makes cod4 take from cpu more than 50% and whn you get the killstrike it takes 100% for a seconds

I had this before and fixed it by reinstalling windows

On 1.7 servers as well?

Before you got all server in 1.8x

I had this 2 its cuz cpu go up in the moment you get killstrike that coused of virus . This virus makes cod4 take from cpu more than 50% and whn you get the killstrike it takes 100% for a seconds

I had this before and fixed it by reinstalling windows

No, I didn't have virusses and I still had lags.

Hey ! Try this one, was a fix when the game is crashing at start but it's also solving some sounds problems :

Go in your cod4 folder, then go in Miles and try changing back mssmp3.asi in mssmp3.bak

Here is a screen of my folder (did the change in 2007, still no problems)

Hey ! Try this one, was a fix when the game is crashing at start but it's also solving some sounds problems :

Go in your cod4 folder, then go in Miles and try changing back mssmp3.asi in mssmp3.bak

Here is a screen of my folder (did the change in 2007, still no problems)

Just done that. It fixed lagg but i have no end round songs or anything now. I can hear shooting and running and all that but no music.

On 1.12.2015. at 5:12 PM, McSnaggit said:

I just reïnstalled COD4 on steam because I had this problem with the game freezing/lagging for a second. I unfortunately still experience this.

It's not always the same, but most of the time when I call in a killstreak or when a rocket is fired from a helicopter (so I presume it has something to do with loading in the sounds, and maybe loud sounds), the game lags or freezes for a second. :(

Didn't have this problem before, I think it was after installing codx1.8.

This is extremely annoying. Does someone experience this too, or has anybody a solution?

Thanks in advance! :D

Disable sound :P Problem solved