Sign in to follow this  
Prime

Obscurity tutorial.

Hey guys,

I wanted to make this simple tutorial about obscurity mod which I applied help section in it because most players too lazy to read the long help page :D

Hope you enjoy it :)

I see you put a lot of effort into this video. I like the fact that you basically go through the help section and then demonstrate each section. Good job man :thumbup:

Since not so many want to watch such a long video for the first time it would be great if you also could make an "obscurity inroduction" video which is only like 2-5min long. Covering the basics like:

• What is an Obcurity and how does he look like?
  • How to find/follow Obscurity through sound.
  • That friendly fire is on and you need to take care of your teammates.
  • Basic strategies on how to play obscurity as marine (watching others for example)

Cut - Now the basics from obscurities point of view:

• Leaping
  • Phasing
  • Possing
  • Stances - Assassin / Stutter / Tank
  • Weapon - Push (including clays) / Static / Pistol for tracking and c4

If you wish to see more powerful obscurity stuff then watch this video: link to your tutorial.

Just my opinion, but great that you took the initiative! I really like it. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Lookout I wanted to show just basic things about it to get everyone started :)

I'll try to make more videos like more advanced tutorial to get you going better and better :)

Also I barley found someone that can help me out...no one stays at night so that I got better internet and can play...

Yeah fps sucks while recording with fraps this was simple tutorial about the help page.

I'll make more and more my work won't stop here :D

Very nice Prime! this kind of video actualy can help new players. I agree with lookout about the shorter video, since i think many people wont take the time to watch a 23min video :P(you know, lazy ect.)

You really should get a new one

I want to but not allowed until I finish school which it ends in this july then I'll buy better one :/

Just for the record fraps always makes fps low when recording :P

And thanks Bro :)

Like I said I'll still make more and short videos once I learn more about editing videos :)

Enough talking about the long :D I spent 3 days to do this X(

And give me more likes for this work xD

@Prime

You can make a demo using the 'Record' feature, Then you can just watch the demo on a higher setting and record the demo its self(With Dxtory or Fraps, Your choice) and it won't have a heavy impact on your FPS while playing.

I'd suggest you try to use Dxtory as it's better than Fraps, Smaller File sizes and better quality without a lot of FPS loss and isn't very CPU hungry, unlike Fraps.

You can make a demo using the 'Record' feature

I wanted to do this Kenai but recording in obs don't work for me.

when I record and start demo it says (incend.something) is missing and won't work.

I tried to solve but didn't find anything to solve it.

Did you go into COD4 and then go to Mods and double click on IceObscurity and then played the demo? Or does it give you this error when typing in '/record (demo name here)'?

The error is while playing it with demo player but when I record it does record and save it.

Do you use a third party program to play the demos or do you use COD4?

third party...that demo player program.

How can I play it with CoD4? ?(

Go into your COD4, Once you're in select your profile(If you have more than one), Then go to Mods and double click on 'iceobscurity'. Then all you have to do now is open up your console and type in '/demo (demo name here)'. And Voila.

P.S; Sorry for the late response.

Go into your COD4, Once you're in select your profile(If you have more than one), Then go to Mods and double click on 'iceobscurity'. Then all you have to do now is open up your console and type in '/demo (demo name here)'. And Voila.

hmm I didn't know that ....Thanks :)

It's not that hard ;p. If nothing else works(what Kenai said) use this:

Open CoD4->Select 'iceobscurtiy' mod-> type in console /demo ....

BTW: If u record a demo on Crossfire. it will not run.