Sign in to follow this  
MeAgain

CodJumper server

Dear people :D,

I've noticed that alot of people in Deathrun also fancy Codjumper servers.

I think most of you already are familiar with this mod.

(Cod jumper is a mod where you have to find your way through a custom made map, high jumps, bounces, RPG jumps etc.. without an acti)

I think it would be a great idea to make a Cod-jumper server instead of a lower populair server like Promod Sniper only.

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't see alot of people in that server.

I will let the rest open for discussion :) and tell me what you think about this idea.

-Vinny -MeAgain

This topic has already been raised by 4-6 times. Although, success is unlikely, I vote yes

@MeAgain has a valid point that a mostly dead server like promod snipe only could be used for something with a greater demand by players like CJ, i dont see why it would'nt be likely to happen.

I think we need kill the king more.

perhaps you could edit it and let people choose between mods?

31849-why-dont-we-have-both-gif-meme-IfmC.gif

Guest Spoof
I did do a ktk server but as it was on test server never was pubic xD

That would make for a very different mod.

I don't think Cj server would be popular since there is already servers for that (some of them are most likely empty),i would suggest Zombie Rotu Revolution 0.7 Alpha,or deathrun 2.0 (new version),maybe make a poll.

Rotu Will never be a IceOps server. (Uses a lot of CPU because of the ai like Rozo)

Cj is only played on now and then KTK would be nice tho.

Rotu Will never be a IceOps server. (Uses a lot of CPU because of the ai like Rozo)

Cj is only played on now and then KTK would be nice tho.

That doesn't mean i don't like Cj it's one of my favorite servers,but I'm just saying that i don't think it would be popular,but well ktk is also a good choice.

If i change the poll at this moment, the votes would be uncounted for.

Therefor i think its best to leave this as it is and see how the outcome will be.

If there is a popular opinion about changing the unpopulair servers into more preferable mods but not necessarily CodJumper, i could always add an other thread/poll on wich mod would be the most preferred.

I've only noticed that the sniper only server is very empty at times and it would be a great idea to take the oppertunity and make IceOps more popular and known.

COD4 runs and relies on Mods and ofcourse we all have our different opinions about one and other. CodJumper seemed for me to be the first smart move to make, knowing it is a loved and quite often requested mod.

And hopefully in the long term we will grow popularity in the COD4 community, wich means more members, wich leads to more donators wich leads to have the capebility to own more servers with more mods.

If CodJumper would get more visitors instead of Promod Sniper only, we could engage in oppertunities and look into what servers can be changed in (Like turning Dr 1.1 into DR 2.0)

It's one small step for man, it is one giant leap for mankind (aka IceOps).

Agree, props-hunt as minq said also, definitely! I would even insert one mod more wich I really enjoy: Freezetag. ;)

A major factor most people don't consider is that some mods take more resources than others so for example... If were to replace Sniper Server (Very low resources) with Rotu or Rozo (Very high resources) It wouldn't be equal so saying take one away and adding on wont make it even.

Codjumper is indeed a great mod. But same as prophunt.. My opinion is that we should concider those 2. About resources: We had a Arma 2 server running. So I don't think that a codjumper server asks more recources then arma 2 server

Yes but Arma 2 is very demanding and that is why it was closed because it was too demanding and not enough people on it.

If you could promise the players i'm pretty sure the servers would be made.

Agree, props-hunt as minq said also, definitely! I would even insert one mod more wich I really enjoy: Freezetag. ;)

Freezetag, prophunt, codjumper, love them all! but i like freezetag the most for sure ^^

Arma2 server is down because no one played on this. And I really mean no one within 8 days. That it eats a lot of resources is a 2nd point but not the main reason it is stopped.

Well it was a bit to late for an Arma 2 DayZ server. Most people already switched to Arma 3 (dayz, Altis life etc) / DayZ SA / H1Z1 etc...

And its hard to get people playing on your server because the most that still play it join the popular servers. You need some advertisement for your server, good server scripts and all that.

But well, DayZ mod is still the best of all. Played it so much <3